+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Marlin 25M

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Marlin 25M

I recently accuired a Marlin 25M from a friend. It's in very good condition with minimal handling marks on the wood. I have shot it about 10 times, seems fine with the iron sights at 50'. I put a scope on it but have not shot it since. I'm waiting for better weather & when I have the time to dial the scope in. Anyway, I don't see much information about these guns. Mine has the smooth wood, I think the 25MN has checkered wood. I know these are both 22 Magnum rifles, but that is about all I know it, other than it was made in 1983 according to the serial #. I went to the Marlin web site to find an owner's manual & an extra magazine or clip, or a part # for the clip. No luck. I feel I should pick up an extra clip while I can, if I can find one. Does anyone know a part # and where I can find one? The clip holds 7 cartridges I believe. Any other info on this gun would be appreciated. It doesn't look like it was an expensive gun, almost kinda cheap, except the barrel & action look heavy duty, kinda out of place with the stock & trigger plate/clip. Thanks!
    I'd do more fishing if I could use a gun!

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

Re: Marlin 25M

Numrich has them in stock. Item # 432300A. $29.40 + shipping.
    http://www.e-gunparts.com/products_new.asp?CatID=3992
    "You can learn more a lisenen than you can a talken". Great grandpaw

Team 35 #207
    Team 45/70 #345

Tinhorn
    Member #

Fleet Farm $15.99 , Congrats on the purchas

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

This was my first firearm. I still have it.

Midway also carries the mags.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=114029
    It is introspective, and I want to introspect.

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Thanks for the replies. I will order the one from Midway for $12.99. I don't know how I missed that. I got this gun from a neighbor lady that we became real good friends with over the last couple of years. My wife & I & "Shirley" get together once every week or two & eat dinner, have a beer or glass of wine, BBQ, etc., actually she is coming over for pizza & a beer or 2 for the Super Bowl game. This gun was her father's & then her husband's, until he passed almost 5 years ago. I help her out with a few repairs around the house, cut some weeds when they get out of hand, & haul mulch in the Spring for her. She always offers to pay me. Sometimes she insists & won't take no for an answer. Sometimes I can change the subject or say "you don't owe me anything", or we'll catch up later, or what ever. Last summer, after finishing dinner at her house, she got the 25M out of her closet & said she didn't know what to do with it. She is very neat & organized, even her closets, said she didn't like the way it looked standing in the corner of her closet!! Then she gave it to me to take home. I guess she must have looked in my closets & figured that I wouldn't mind cluttering mine with the 25M, and she is right. The gun has a special meaning to me. Her father "Harry", bought it new in 1983. When he passed, it was given to her husband "Harry". Wanna guess what my name is? If you guessed "Harry", you would be correct!!!! It's almost scarey!
    Kaweskar likes this.
    I'd do more fishing if I could use a gun!

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

Hey, many Walmart's also have them in stock in the gun accessory section for 12.98 + tax.

I've gotten SEVERAL that way
    A firearm should be a tool in the hands of a deadly weapon, not a deadly weapon in the hands of a tool.
    Team Levermatic #001 http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/gr...evermatic.html

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by thearborbarber View Post
    This was my first firearm. I still have it.

Midway also carries the mags.
    Mag 928RTB 880 Glenfield 880SQ 25N 25NC 22 Long Rifle 7-Round Steel Blue
    I'm glad I found this thread, and forum! I just acquired a Model 25N in a Colt 1911/Bolt .22 combo deal from a buddy that is moving overseas. I started getting nervous about finding magazines for this gun, but luckily I found this post. Midway still sells them for just over $15, so I'll probably order 4 of them.
    On a side note, does anyone know where I can get an owner's manual?!?!?
    Last edited by HuntingCrazy; 05-25-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntingCrazy View Post
    I'm glad I found this thread, and forum! I just acquired a Model 25N in a Colt 1911/Bolt .22 combo deal from a buddy that is moving overseas. I started getting nervous about finding magazines for this gun, but luckily I found this post. Midway still sells them for just over $15, so I'll probably order 4 of them.
    On a side note, does anyone know where I can get an owner's manual?!?!?
    Marlin sell the magazines, because all bolt action marlins take one of four mags. And the one for the 25N is the most common and identical to all bolt .22s they sell currently Yay! Magazines

Not to worry. They won't run out or stop making them any time soon. They are also the same as the semi-auto .22 mags. That's just smart manufacturing.

And although Marlin insists on referring to them as "clip mags" they are not clips. Only "magazines".

Here's the difference, in animated .gif format

Last edited by JetBlack; 05-26-2012 at 09:37 AM.
    Costco should sell bullets in those bins, like walnuts. Or you could buy two five gallon buckets of bullets, shrink-wrapped together.
    Coffee is hard to make when you haven't had your coffee yet. This is called the "pre-caffeinated paradox".

"The problem with internet quotes is it is very hard to determine their authenticity." --Abraham Lincoln
    “There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.”
    Ernest Hemingway

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Marlin Firearms - Owners Manuals

It is under the generic PDF Bolt Action Rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by HuntingCrazy View Post
    I just acquired a Model 25N... On a side note, does anyone know where I can get an owner's manual?!?!?
    Last edited by nsmi; 05-29-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Site Contributor Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Oh! I'm looking for one of those Marlin 25M 22Magnum.
    I could easily get Harry as middle name

Cheers
    Going South? ... Visit Chilean Patagonia ... We'll cheer you up!

Marlin League #58
    Team Old Pharts #104
    Team 1894 Member #109 (Marlin 1894 44 Magnum; Marlin1894C 357 Magnun)
    Team 39 Member # 83 (Marlin 39A Golden; Marlin 25N)
    Team 45/70 Member # 765 (Marlin 1895G Ported)
    Team 44-40 Member # 27 (Marlin 94)
    Team Browning Member # 55 (BLR .308 Win)

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links