+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CCI Velocitor

Tinhorn
    Member #

CCI Velocitor

I always thought the CCI Stinger was the deadliest round I could put out of my .22LR but I am really liking the numbers the Velocitor is putting out. Has anyone used them yet. I want the hardest hitting .22LR round possible. Want to be able to kill anything from a tree rat to a large coyote.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

Re: CCI Velocitor

Cant tell you much but I do have a partial box of these Velociters.I cant rmember when I shot them or what out of but now with my 39A Im curious.What kind of accuracy do you get with them and the numbers you are impressed with Im assuming velocity is what your talking about so how much fps do you get? I do not have a chrony yet.
    Thanks D.P.

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

Yes,I use the CCI Velocitors a lot. They are very accurate and they pack a big punch for 22lr. I have shot many rabbits and p-dogs with them out to 100 yds. + a little and even a coyote at 60 yds. dumped him quick.

Any time I go out with my regular ammo I carry a few Velocitors with me for when I need a little more power. Should I come across a badger or coyote. Can you beleive I consider a 22lr. 40 gr. Velocitor as over kill for rabbits.

I use them in my rifles as well as my revolver, in the revolver they work very well and from the wounds it produces I would hate to get shot with one. CCI makes rimfire a lot more serious and fun.

Also I have noticed that they carry thier accuracy at 100 + yds. better than other rounds,including CCI Stingeres which I don't use as much since Velocitors came out. Les
    "Better to have one and not need it than to need it and not have one" talking about a gun; John Wayne

NRA member
    Marlin 1894FG 41 mag, 1894CL 218 Bee, 39a, 882ss, Model 20 pump
    Ruger BH 41 mag.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

Thanks Les, I will probably get a few more boxes to go along with my stock up list.I like taking a rest and shooting grey squirrels at longer distances in the fall when leaves are down.
    Daryl P.

Tinhorn
    Member #

The Stingers are 32 grains at a little over 1600fps with 119ppf at 50 yards. The Veloctiors are 40 grains and are still 1400+fps and hit at 134ppf at 50.
    Now when you say they carry there accuracy at 100 yards what are you sighted in at and what kind of drop does it have at 100.

Member #

0 CCI Stinger 50 yds 75 yds 100 yds
    fps 1640 1292 1162 1066
    fpe 191 119 96 81
    elev. .7 1.9 1.7 0

0 CCI Velocitor
    fps 1435 1230 1149 1084
    fpe 183 134 117 104
    elev .9 2.1 1.9 0

I sight in for 0 POI@ 100 yds , POI 2" high @ 50 yds. for both Stingers and Velocitors, The Velocitors will carry better because of more inertia mass at greater speed at 100 yds. thus it holds it's course of travel for a longer distance. where as the smaller mass is loosing speed sooner and starts to drop off.

Also when you figure in the wind factor it makes even more difference on the bullets course at a distance. I live where the wind blows very regular 10 - 20+ mph and have learned how the wind can effect your shot and what bullets or loads stay more closely to the intended course of travel. Stingers do better than most but Velocitors do better than any other 22lr. I have tried. Taking into consideration that mfg. batches can vary and 22 lr. rifles seem to have their own favorite round that shoots better. BUT this is what I have experenced and someone else could have differant results. Hope this helps. Les

Hey Drail, I think I'll go looking to find where I can hunt some tree rats, I know they have some in town but I don't think they would allow me to hunt back yards and alleys Like I say here in southwest Kansas there aint many trees in the country. Les

"Better to have one and not need it than to need it and not have one" talking about a gun; John Wayne

NRA member
    Ruger BH 41 mag.

Tinhorn
    Member #

Thank you very much on the info, it never even crossed my mind to sight in at 100 yards. Right now I am dead on at 25 with the Stingers. I might just 0 it at 50 yards with the Velocitors that way it should still be damn close from 25-100. What do you think.
    Where was your shot location on the coyote when you dropped?

Tinhorn
    Member #

Hey Drail, I think I'll go looking to find where I can hunt some tree rats, I know they have some in town but I don't think they would allow me to hunt back yards and alleys Like I say here in southwest Kansas there aint many trees in the country.

I'd give up all the tree rats in the state, if I could hunt deer like you got in Kansas.

Member #

I shot him in the neck just behind the ear. I don't know if a chest /heart area shot would be good with a 22lr. Now I have shot coyote with 22 mag in heart/ lung area and dropped in their tracks. But thats about 328 fpe at muzzle, 164 at 100 ,double the energy of regular 22lr.

I think if you are shooting at 50 yds. or less you should be allright sighting in at 50. shouldn't be more than .5 inch high at 25. Not shur but you could use a MPBR table or trajectory calculator on-line to figure what your mid range max would be at 25 yds. sighted in 0 at 50.

and yes I do like living here in the wide open spaces and good deer hunting but sometimes I'd like to have a few trees around just to break up the praire land a bit. But then I can't always have what I want.

Les

NRA member
    Ruger BH 41 mag.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

If they catch ya shootn them tree rats in town they might just take your toys away.
    Daryl P.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links