+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tenderfoot
    Member #

marlin 995 questions

about 15 years ago, in an overwhelming fit of marlinitis, i found myself in the local gun shop purchasing a marlin 995 rifle.

according to the serial number, it was manufactured in 1988. it has served me well over the years as i've never had a problem with it. except perhaps, for the anemic 7 round clips.

in any event, i notice that there's nothing about it on the marlin website, and i don't see much on the web. apparently it is no longer sold, and not too many people own it, or, talk about it.

anyone know what years this model was manufactured, why they stopped making it, and where i can get a clip that holds more than 7 rounds?

thanks in advance

Site Contributor Deadeye
    Member #

marlin 995 questions

Welcome aboard Ladygunner.

Marlin makes changes to there rimfire rifles and changes the model number to reflect this. Your 995 Marlin takes the model 880/25/995 magazines. It seems like most aftermark magazine manufactures figure there is not enough demand to make high-caps for Marlin rimfires. Here is a link. http://www.hoosiergunworks.com/catal..._id_rifle.html

I had to go online and find a guy in Florida to get couple extra magazines because I didn't when I bought my Kimber 22.

The only thing I can think of is to "continue your slide into Marlinitis" and get a tube fed Marlin be it bolt, semi-auto, or lever.

Hope this helps. Take care 'n Marry CHRISTmas. mike
    AHC and LEAA life member
    NRA Patron life member

The Shepherd's Chapel
    PistolSmith

Tenderfoot
    Member #

marlin 995 questions

thanks mike!

Platinum Poster
    Member #

marlin 995 questions

I don't know much about the rife you have , but does this one at bottom of page fit

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Store/...ategory=Clips&
    Gunjunkie..

"Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Tenderfoot
    Member #

marlin 995 questions

it might - i'll have to send off an email to customer support.

in my owner's manual, it refers to a 15 round clip - i probably should have ordered a couple of those when i got the rifle. i might just wait until the next gun show comes to phoenix and ask around. last time i went, there were many merchants there with hundreds of clips. of course, i neglected to note the model number of my rifle at the time, so i wasn't sure which ones would fit.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

marlin 995 questions

At one time there was a company that offered 20 round magazines for Marlins. I wonder where they got to?? If nothing else, you could have two 7 rounders modified into one 14 rounder. I've done such conversions before. ~Andrew

PS: Welcome to the home of the rimfire fanatics.

Wrangler
    Member #

marlin 995 questions

Ladygunner-
    Welcome!! I think the Link that Gunjunkie left for you shows clips that will rifles chambered for 22mag and 17hmr. the rifle you show in the pic uses standard 7 rd clip that is still available. As some one stated, Marlin likes to change there numbers. I have a marlin model "70" that is the same basic action as yours and the tube fed model 60. the current drivitve (SP) is the model 795 or the 70 pps. See the link below

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firear...ading/795.aspx

They are sold with the ten rd clip, nickel finish. I am thinking that there was a model previous to mine that was basically the same gun with a real walnut stock. 7-10 rd clips shouldnt be that tough to find and they should fit your rifle.

Andrew- how do you "double stack" those clips. I know how to shorten them but not make'em bigger.

I have an old 25 rnd "bannana clip made by Ramline. Kind of a POJ but it works most of the time.
    Pray hard...shoot straight.

Tenderfoot
    Member #

marlin 995 questions

thanks - yeah, that 795 looks pretty close with the exception of the stock. i found some 10 round clips that should fit no problem. now it's just a matter of getting the hubby to let me buy a few...

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

marlin 995 questions

Cloverleaf: You weld a pair together. The smaller the mag, the finer the weld needs to be. You start by machining off the feed lips of one mag and then the bottom flanges of the other.Weld. Join the springs behind the follower. Assemble the base. Easier said than done, I'm afraid. I used to make 13 round 1911 magazines back in the day...~Andrew

Wrangler
    Member #

marlin 995 questions

Another reason I should havea welder....CL
    Pray hard...shoot straight.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links