+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 22WMR ballistics

Tenderfoot
    Member #

22WMR ballistics

I had seen a ballistics chart that I thought was posted on this forum.
    For some reason I cannot find it now.
    Could anybody please provide?
    Thanks

Platinum Poster
    Member #

22WMR ballistics

CCI, Hornady, Rem and Winchester have them listed on there sites?? I am not sure if I remeber who did the one here..
    towhead likes this.
    Gunjunkie..

"Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

22WMR ballistics

www.22ammo.com/

www.korabrno.cz/bal-22.html

...let me know if you need more..
    "The Constitution preserves "the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison of Virginia, The Federalist, No. 46)

Wrangler
    Member #

22WMR ballistics

Quote Originally Posted by Ironglow

...let me know if you need more..
    Got anything on 22 WRF basllistics?
    quot;It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
    Mark Twain

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

22WMR ballistics

A 45 grain bullet at 1450 ft/sec.
    From 1-16" twist guns it's a marginal performer at distance. Under 70 yards, it's a real killer. ~Andrew

Wrangler
    Member #

22WMR ballistics

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    A 45 grain bullet at 1450 ft/sec.
    From 1-16" twist guns it's a marginal performer at distance. Under 70 yards, it's a real killer. ~Andrew
    I'm told WRF cartridges can be shot in 22 WMR chambers, but won't cycle in autos. Any experience with that?
    quot;It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
    Mark Twain

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

22WMR ballistics

I don't know about autos but they will shoot in WMR chambers without a hitch. I didn't find the performance much different from the cheaper Federal 50 grain HP @ 1550 ft/sec to warrant the cost. Accuracy wasn't tops, either. ~Andrew

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

22WMR ballistics

If Andrew says it wil fire in a .22 mag..it will.
    ...Chuck Hawks concurs with Andrew..

My only question is, ..Why would anyone want to ? CCI's & Winchester ballistic chart says it is 45 grains at 1300 fps..plus Andrew & Chuck say it is none too accurate in the mag...

Being that CCI & Winchester produces them in limited numbers, I would suppose they are simply producing them for the few old 22 WRF rifles around...and they are may be co$tly...

When you can get Velociters 40 gr @ 1450 fps, Stinger 32gr @ 1640 fps or the Aguila hyper..30 gr @ 1750 fps..all of which produce more FPE tahn the ..WRF.
    Why not just stick with a nice .22 LR for your task ?

In fact Mini=Mags, Blazers, Power Points and others come very close to the 22WRF figures.

The little Federal Spitfire 31gr @ 1550 produces nearly the same FPE at 165.42 while the WRF is 168.91..

The last 50 round boxes of Spitfires I got were from Gander Mt..at $ 1.99 each.

According to Chuck Hawks, the old "Remington Special" rimfire was the same round as the WRF.

If you want to, check the 22 WRF out at www.cci-ammunition.com/
    "The Constitution preserves "the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison of Virginia, The Federalist, No. 46)

Wrangler
    Member #

22WMR ballistics

Quote Originally Posted by Ironglow
    My only question is, ..Why would anyone want to ? CCI's & Winchester ballistic chart says it is 45 grains at 1300 fps..plus Andrew & Chuck say it is none too accurate in the mag...

Why not just stick with a nice .22 LR for your task ?
    My reason is that I have a nice little H&R pistol chambered for 22 WMR, but I just don't trust it to hold together using the WMR cartridge.
    Mark Twain

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

22WMR ballistics

Is it in good mechanical condition? I had an H&R 22WMR I shot the daylights out of using CCI 40 grain HP. I sold it in a moment of weakness but I think if I still had it, it would still be shooting. Those old H&R's were plain but they worked. What model is it? ~Andrew

PS: For what it's worth, I believer 22WMR, WRF, and LR all operate at the same chamber pressures; around 22K. ~A

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links