+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Site Contributor & Team 444 Co-Captain Super Moderator
    Member #

marlin-Glenfield Model 65

Here we go again! saw this Marlin/Glenfield Model 65 "Golden 50" in the pawn shop, stock needs refinishing and some of the bluing is worn off here and there with minor rust spots. Nice looking overall, anything special about the Golden 50? Can pick it up for $65.00 maybe less if I offer to buy the wife a Valintines day ring there. I do believe the stock is walnut. Mr fixit
    TO ARMS!!
    Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Team 444 Co-Captain
    Member #168 1994 444SS

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."-----Thomas Jefferson
    wisconsin-mo-ers

don't forget 09-08-14 @ 11:46 am

Member #

I found a crossover list and the Glenfield 65 is the Marlin 99M1. Worth the 65.00 bucks? Bear with me guys, this gun info is all new with me, never knew there was so much to pick up on! Mr fixit
    TO ARMS!!
    Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Team 444 Co-Captain
    Member #168 1994 444SS

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."-----Thomas Jefferson
    wisconsin-mo-ers

Platinum Poster
    Member #

I would scarf it for that money to play with :lol:
    Gunjunkie..

"Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Member #

Gunjunkie, i found another list, of crossovers and this one says the Glenfield 65 is a Marlin 60. I must admit it sure looks closer to a 60 than a 99M1. This list can be found here: www.member.tripod.com/pfbtparts.PFBT.html Don' know if the link will work, I did a search for glenfield model 65/marlin 99M1 and this one was the third listed under Gunpartsearch image and link page Pretty cold today 2/5/07 wind chills in the -30's :shock: nice looking gun and I'd hate to see some one else pick it up. I'l talk to the wife and see if she needs some jewelry for valintines day Parts i assume can be had at Numrich would be a good guess. Mr. fixit
    TO ARMS!!
    Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Team 444 Co-Captain
    Member #168 1994 444SS

wisconsin-mo-ers

Member #

Followed me home for $50.00 told the guy for $50 I'll cut the wife loose at the jewelry for a minimum of a hundred. She won I won the guy won :roll: Heck so far it's a good birthday!!

I think this one will be refinished and will have to look at maybe a cold blue for the barrel, little oil and #0000 wool should take care of the minor rust!! It has some dings and such that would probably steam out, but then again the years of fun would be removed. The serial number on the left side is 714xxxxx... made in 1971? Mr fixit
    TO ARMS!!
    Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Team 444 Co-Captain
    Member #168 1994 444SS

wisconsin-mo-ers

Member #

Took her a part and so far so good, things are cleaning up pretty good! Anybody know where I can get a manual and/ or find schematics and parts? Would Marlin still have it? All I'm finding is references to the Model 60, already have that on the computer and using that as a guide line. Decided to leave the stock alone with the exception of the bottom of the butt, will do a little fine sanding or wool and work off the pealing finish and then blend in a few thin coats of polyurathane. Barrel and tube mag came out nice , will post pics when I get it back together. BTW I think I caught MARLINITIS :shock: :lol: . There's a H&R Pardner 20 Ga. single shot case colored at the pawn shop going for $85.00, short thing, I think maybe a youth gun, Anyone think that's worth the asking price? Mr fixit
    TO ARMS!!
    Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Team 444 Co-Captain
    Member #168 1994 444SS

wisconsin-mo-ers

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

Brownell's has an exploded view online and carries most if not all parts. Take a look at the white nylon buffer. At that age it may be cracked/shattered/missing. If it's not in good shape the bolt handle will ding the aluminum receiver at the end of the recoil stroke.

Good shooting, that was a good buy.

zw
    Zuikowarrior, NRA Life Member

Team 35 Member 48, Team .30-30 Member 112, Team 39 Member 92, Team 60 Member 18, Team .45/70 Member 912, Old Phart no. 49.

"Blessed are those who, in the face of death, focus on the front sight." COL Jeff Cooper

"My Governor can outshoot your Governor." Me. And I'm pretty sure that holds for the new guy coming in in January, too.

"A free people ought to be armed." George Washington

Marlin 30AW, 336CSs, Texan, 1895G Guide Gun, 1894C, 39TDS, Model 60, MR7

Member #

zw, thanks for the info, now then, I went to Brownell's and logged in, the only thing I find there is Marlin, no glenfield :? the search for glenfield schematics comes up with 4 enteries and none of those is anywhere what I'm looking for. Didn't know about the buffer, although when I pull the bolt back there's still about a quarter of an inch before the charging handing would strike the end of the receiver. Looking at the schematic for a Marlin 60 is see the buffer at the rear of the receiver, mine is somewhat worn but is good shape as is the rest of the rifle. Any help on where and what to oil, or a touch of lithium grease in any particular spots?
    I do think that I've got an operational gun, I just want to clean her up good before I take it out. Mr fixit
    TO ARMS!!
    Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Team 444 Co-Captain
    Member #168 1994 444SS

wisconsin-mo-ers

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

if you go to e-gunparts.com you can find the manufacture to retailer list which shows which model gun is which. Since you know the marlin model just check for those parts, Sometimes they used different wood but Marlin always used the same parts internally on all of their rifles, so look for Marlin parts in the correct model.
    BOT GBUSA, Charter member team 444.
    Life member NRA, Life member WAC.

Member #

appreciate all the feedback Got to looking at the lifter assembly, looks kind of beat up, will post pics for any and all opinions. Hey Doc where's your .02? Figured you jump in here somewhere! Mr fixit
    TO ARMS!!
    Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Team 444 Co-Captain
    Member #168 1994 444SS

wisconsin-mo-ers

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links