Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Adjusting Tech Sights

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  thmoose51 
#1 ·
I put Tech Sights on my 795 and have them pretty well sighted in by trial and error but could use some small additional adjustments. After attending an Appleseed shoot and learning a little bit about MOA I would like to finish the fine tuning by measuring MOA on my target and adjusting accordingly. The TSM 200 sight instructions say
5/8 in per detent at 100 yards. A chart from Tech Sights says 7/8 MOA at 100 yards per click which as I understand equates to just a tad shy of 1 inch. Could someone give me a little schooling on the discrepancy? Is there a difference between detent and click or is there a misprint on either the chart or instructions. I have tried to upload the chart and instructions as pdf files. View attachment 86638 Marlin Rev D instr sheet.pdf View attachment MOA chart information.pdf

#3 ·
The amount each "click" changes point of impact will be different with different length barrels. (Distance between front and rear sights) 7/8" or 3/4" is close enough to do trial and error at whatever distance you want to shoot. Luisyamaha

#4 ·
Thanks for the response and I do recognize that trial and error would suffice but I'm trying to get a good understanding of the whole MOA topic. I did get back with Tech Sights and was informed that the 7/8 inch per click is the most accurate. Apparently. some further work was done after the instructions were printed which resulted in the updated chart.

#5 ·
I've been wanting to try one of those sights but haven't gotten around to getting it yet! Where did you get yours?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.