+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: how much would you pay for 22 lr ammo

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Ya know, we could force the scalpers' hand on ammo auctions.

Go out and buy what you can, then sell it for what you paid as a buy it now. Not as auction style so others including the other sellers/scalpers themselves can bid it up. The true consumers will buy your "low priced" -compared to the scalpers- rnds first. Sure it will cost you some time but it would eventually force the scalpers to lower their prices in order to get sales.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Campingman View Post
    Agreed! $20 period!!

Resellers are acutally scalpers, thier only intent is to make a quick buck, dont support them. I passed by Academy this morning and there were 20 or so scalpers lined up waiting to get in. Stopped at the Wal-Mart in Kerrville and the clerk told me about guys buying ammo and reselling in the parking lot. Prices on the guntrader are coming down a bit due to people refusing to pay $100 for a $20 brick of ammo. When the scalpers stop getting supported they Will go away!

JM2c

The Campingman!
    More than the average Joe who is greedy and wants to flip a quick buck - when the FFL's get in on - that pisses me off. Some sit back and smugly claim "free enterprise - wrong! Not in my book. By law - the average consumer must purchase these items at retail level. FFL's have the ability to buy ammo and components directly from the manufacturer or distributor - often at a lower price. This unfair advantage of access to supply the basic consumer doesn't have is the equivalent of insider trading as far as I'm concerned.
    njcioffi and Brocky like this.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by redlegagent View Post
    More than the average Joe who is greedy and wants to flip a quick buck - when the FFL's get in on - that pisses me off. Some sit back and smugly claim "free enterprise - wrong! Not in my book. By law - the average consumer must purchase these items at retail level. FFL's have the ability to buy ammo and components directly from the manufacturer or distributor - often at a lower price. This unfair advantage of access to supply the basic consumer doesn't have is the equivalent of insider trading as far as I'm concerned.
    Agreed! Though most of the brick and mortar retailers around here have imposed limits, and kept their prices at or close to pre-Sandy Hook levels. The smaller mom & pop shops have been the ones where prices have been inching up, which is sad to say because I prefer to spend a little more to support a family business.

Within reason.
    "We don't rent pigs"

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    4000 rounds on hand, I can wait till the frenzy dies down, at my age and with my heart 4000 rounds may be a lifetime supply!
    oleroy likes this.
    "a man ought to have a good rifle, needn't be an expensive rifle, needn't be a powerful rifle, just a good rifle" - Old Moe

Veteran 68-74, NRA Member
    Team Old Pharts #131.."I prefer old guns, old whiskey and mature women"

​Team Crown Royal #1

Sidewinder
    Member #
    If you have 22 ammo on hand like I do then cut back on shooting (I did) so you don't run out this ammo shortage can't last for ever
    and if you buy when you don't need ammo or pay very high prices then you make things worse
    (last spring every Friday night I would burn 800 rounds of 22's 200 rounds of 30carbine this year 100 rounds of 22's only,I'm still shooting just cut it way back)
    I have old 22 ammo that has $1.65 on the 100 round box and that was from 1995 not THAT long ago for 100 round to sell for $20
    they still make the stuff RIGHT

I guy at my club wanted to buy a 500 brick from me for $50 I told him NO I paid $22 with tax and you can have it for that, he thought I was nuts ( I'm but not because of that hehe)

Rick
    njcioffi likes this.

Deadeye
    Member #
    2 weeks ago I got 5 (40) round boxes for $.10 /round. Last Friday I was able to get a Federal brick of 550 for $24.95. The store limits bricks at one per day when they have them and smaller boxes at 5 per day mix & match cal's. So the most you can walk out with is 6 boxes of ammo period.
    Riley's in Hooksett NH has a great supply of all cals of ammo. 22lr ammo can only be bought with a new 22 rifle, pistol or revolver.
    Marlin Golden 39a Mountie 1969
    H&R Model 1905 30" 12 Gauge Choke
    TCA Contender G2 with 12" .22 Match Barrel & 12" .357/38 Barrel
    S&W 686 .357 Pro 7 shot w 5" barrel
    Marlin Team 39. #229
    Old Phart #152
    Marlin League #133

USAF Veteran 1964-1968

NRA Member

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. "
    Thomas Jefferson

Wrangler
    Member #
    Stopped at Walmart today. They had 50 round boxes of Rem st v hp's. Limit one box per customer. 3.95 a box think that's what they were before the shortage. They shoot good in a couple of my guns but one box isn't worth the time to buy them.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    $10-$11 a box of 50 around here CCI's LGS, have not seen them at Walmart. But then I heard walmart is removing them as a vendor.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Got about 10,000 rounds of 22lr,just bought another Remington 550-1,still shootin....
    Marlin 783
    Marlin 1894
    Marlin 39A
    Marlin 60
    Marlin 1895
    Marlin XT 17

Team 39 #211
    Team 60 #115
    Team Old Pharts #107
    Team 30-30 #650
    Team Browning #52
    Team Rossi #7
    Team 45-70 #1347
    Team 22 Magnum ! #018

NRA Life Member
    Bangin Blackhawks
    Ga Marlin Owners

Peaches' Elmo's and Rosie's Dad.................

Co-Captain--TEAMS 1894 & Team 450 Contributing Member
    Member #
    I'm still shooting, I've been burning through just shy of a brick each weekend. I don't know what made me do it but before all of this hit I was buying at least one brick each week for a while. I intend to shoot and enjoy it without worry for some time.

Now if I see some at the $20 / $25 per brick price I will buy what I'm allowed. As far as price gougers go - I won't spend a dime in their shop, likely ever again.

1895gunner
    njcioffi likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links