+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: 22 ammo is available

Deadeye
    Member #
    I just got back from the Trading Post in Maine. They had American Eagle 22lr in 40 rd boxes for $3.99/box or .10/shot. They limit you to 5 boxes per purchase. They also honor a 20% coupon for this weekend. No bulk was available. I think I'll pick up a single shot Contender so I don't eat ammo so fast.
    Marlin Golden 39a Mountie 1969
    H&R Model 1905 30" 12 Gauge Choke
    TCA Contender G2 with 12" .22 Match Barrel & 12" .357/38 Barrel
    S&W 686 .357 Pro 7 shot w 5" barrel
    Marlin Team 39. #229
    Old Phart #152
    Marlin League #133

USAF Veteran 1964-1968

NRA Member

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. "
    Thomas Jefferson

Wrangler
    Member #
    Although I have a sufficient supply of .22, I heard the local Bass Pro had some in stock. As I am going plinking over Easter I thought I would pick up a brick (that's the limit per coust.) so as not to get into my stash.

Sure enough, they had a small supply and a long line. Signs, 10 boxes (500) round limit. It was Federal (by far my last choice in any caliber) and the limit was one box. Down side, the boxes were only 325 rounds. Price was right though, $19.07.
    Team 45-70 Member #946
    Team Old Pharts #160
    Team 1894 #350

Tinhorn
    Member #
    The only thing you'd accomplish by paying 30 cents a round for .22 ammo is to continue to support the "gun madness" that gun enthusiats have supported from the start of the "madness." It's crazy and we need band together, boycott these merchants who are gouging us with their ridiculous prices and say, "No MORE!" Then it'll stop.
    When a short man's shadow grows tall, it is a sign the sun is setting.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Cheaper than dirt lost any and all future business from me when they caved to the the anti's after Sandyhook. They will never see another penny of mine.

By the way, CTD has a "Contact us" area on their website where you can send them a nice message. I let them know how I felt about their cowardly actions, here is a link if you would like to do the same https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/shopcustcontact.aspx
    Last edited by T-Roy; 03-22-2013 at 01:13 PM.
    Troy

"Some people spend a lifetime wondering if they've made a difference....The Marines don't have that problem." ~ Ronald Reagan

Sgt, U.S. Marines
    VFW Life Member
    NRA Member
    100% Full Blooded Scotch-Irish-Indian-Hillbilly

My own little piece of Heaven

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Thanks, Troy. I think I'll let em have an opinion or two of mine.
    T-Roy and Gallo Pazzesco like this.

Wrangler
    Member #
    Just checked on line for available .22 ammo. One site listed many sorces. Most were out of stock, but of the ones that listed in stock some were higher than CTD. Some as high as .42 a round!
    Team 45-70 Member #946
    Team Old Pharts #160
    Team 1894 #350

Sidewinder
    Member #
    A LGS in Baton Rouge, LA Posted on FB that they were giving away a Brick (400 ct) if you liked and shared their page(April 15). I was reading the comments. 75,000 shares and they said it was meant for LOCALs as they would not ship. $4-40 round box, limit 2. They said they sold 15,000 rounds (187 people ?) American Eagle Still seems a little STEEP.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    As I was already logged in I figured I would make a comment on the ammo. I live in Newfoundland, Canada and went into Canadian Tire to pick up some 22lr for some spring shooting. The ammo case is completely stocked with all makes and manner of rifle and shotgun ammo. I picked up 2 100 round boxes of CCI minimag 40 gr for $7.99 a piece and a box of 525 Federal Bulk 36 gr for $25.99.

I hope things get back to normal for you guys in the US soon, some of the prices down there are highway robbery!
    S-code, mat68 and Catherine like this.

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackie View Post
    As I was already logged in I figured I would make a comment on the ammo. I live in Newfoundland, Canada and went into Canadian Tire to pick up some 22lr for some spring shooting. The ammo case is completely stocked with all makes and manner of rifle and shotgun ammo. I picked up 2 100 round boxes of CCI minimag 40 gr for $7.99 a piece and a box of 525 Federal Bulk 36 gr for $25.99.

I hope things get back to normal for you guys in the US soon, some of the prices down there are highway robbery!
    Thanks, Mackie. It's nice to know there are still sane humans somewhere - there aren't many here unfortunately. Like it or not, many US enthusiasts have gone "bat-sh*t" crazy and are hording everything they can find (at any price) in order to defend themselves and their families from the US government's assault on
    on their homes when they (the govt.) comes to take away all their weapons. The mania is largely based on ignorance IMO but it's the prevailing mentality none the less and has a domino effect on the prices and availability on guns and ammo for all of us.
    Roald likes this.

Wrangler
    Member #
    Edit: Gone

Quick note.

Just got 1200 rounds of this Federal for .063 shipped ($22.99/400)

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...plated-hp.html

Showing in stock at the moment. Took about 10 minutes to navigate through the order, though. The site is pretty bad. I did get an order confirmation email, though.

I prefer to keep it under .05, but I don't think an extra $15 for 1200 rounds is caving for some peace of mind, and half of that is shipping.

They had some CCI Minimags earlier. for 0.08 before shipping, but I missed those.

Even if you miss out, it wouldn't hurt to register. Them and Cabaela's seem like the top two online non-gouging places lately, and they bog down really bad when they get ammo, so if you're registered you can get through quicker.

Edit/update: It's been in stock for over 2 1/2 hours now? I'm not sure what to make of that. There are people reporting problems with ordering - that the orders are being kicked out, but even if only every 10th one goes through, they should have been out long ago.
    Last edited by khigh; 03-26-2013 at 10:56 AM.
    buck8195 likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links