Marlin Firearms Forum banner

39a prices?

5K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Mountain Hunter 
#1 ·
I stopped by my local gun store and they had a 39a priced at 575. The metal was okay, the stock was terrible but could definitely be refinished. I offered $500 but now I am wondering if that is a fair price or not? It was a really tight action it felt great.

Comments?

L.R.

#3 ·
Deals can be found . . I recently gave $200 for an '82 39M in excellent condition.

#8 ·
Paid 275 for my 1956 model at the local gun shop last January. It was listed as fair condition but a good cleaning was all it needed.

#12 ·
I've always wandered that one myself. Seems like its been that way since dirt was made. I bought my first win. 94 30/30 new at kmart years ago for 126.00, but if I wanted the 9422/9422m from gibsons it was 219.00 ......go figure! Any one else have the answer? Good luck and good shootin.

#13 ·
I just wish all the guys listing on gunbroker would do a little research before they list. It's frustrating that 90% of them think their run of the mill presafety is worth $600-700. They list it for sale, but I really don't think they want to sell it.

#14 ·
Got mine for $350 but it needed a lot of cosmetic work. Worth it and I wouldn't trade it for anything :) Once you own a 39A, you never really think about the cost again.

#15 ·
I am certainly not an expert at buying and selling guns, but my short experiece has been that most of the ones for sell at online auctions are way overpriced. Thats what auctions do, they run up the prices. If your a seller then that is good, if your a buyer then its not good. A seller can reach all across American and the rest of the world with just that one online add. Chances are pretty good that there is a) either some one out there that wants it real, real bad or b) there is always some dumb.@* with money and no brains. I think the odds are slim against getting a good deal on an in demand product. I have done much better locally one on one with a private party or even a store owner. Only my 2 cents worth

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.