Springfield Armory Saint
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Springfield Armory Saint

Gunfighter
    Member #

Springfield Armory Saint

Never liked any AR style, AKA Black Rifle, enough to bring one home. Shot plenty of friend's rifles.

Just read the American Rifleman article on the new Springfield Saint. https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...nt-marches-in/

It appears that they have incorporated many top shelf components; receiver, barrel, furniture, and some innovations like a buffer screw to take the slop and rattle out of the upper to lower. All for $899 MRSP.

Anyone have one, seen one, shot one. I might want one of these.
    Last edited by NewtoSkeet; 01-08-2017 at 10:04 AM.

Gun Wizard
    Dixie, the confederate states of america in woods of S.C.
    Member #
    DSCF3093.jpgI never liked those style of guns either until I got one. I got this sks-m did a trigger job, it shoots like a dream. knight before last about midnight someone was stopped in front of my house sitting there with the motor running. I live in the woods, I felt real safe with it in my hand as I shined my stream light in there face. they went on down the road.....
    turbobug, xaris and mrguvna like this.
    I have never harvested an animal but I have KILLED QUITE A FEW !

Wrangler
    Member #
    The Saint seems to be a decent rifle but it is a bit overpriced for what it is.

I like that it has the midlength gas system and enhanced trigger but those are not very expensive options. The buffer screw to take out the rattle is okay but it is easy to do cheaply in other ways.

If someone is looking for a complete out of the box AR with a manufacturers warranty, I think it is a good option, but not at anywhere near $900. There are a few ways to get the same basic rifle for much less.
    alawrence likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I have never seen one but have several AR15s. They are not my favorite gun by any stretch but have a definitive purpose and I could not imagine not owning at least one or two.

To me the price is kind of high for what you get as you are buying into the Springfield name, but if that's what it takes to get you into a superior modular platform weapon then go for it.

Just beware a black rifle is like a gateway drug into the NFA world and the next thing you know you will be looking at suppressors, short barrel rifles etc.
    Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Gunfighter
    Member #
    Thank you for all the replies. I would like to see the street price before proceeding.

Wrangler
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by NewtoSkeet View Post
    Thank you for all the replies. I would like to see the street price before proceeding.
    The best price I've seen online is $749 and that would be stretching it for me. I wouldn't consider one for anything over $700.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    AR's are the LEGO system of the firearms world like 1911's. So easy to build and customize. The lower is the easy part to assemble but the upper takes a bit more work but is not bad. I have some upper end guns that don't shoot as well as parts guns I put together and some that shoot lights out. Depends on waht you want it for. Me....I hate that front fixed M4 sight!
    I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees.....μολὼν λαβέ

There is not one person I would not take hunting......there are a few that would not make it back though.

Team 45/70 Member # 237
    Team Old Pharts #294
    Team 22 Magnum #106
    Team 35 Remington #671
    Team Rem 700 #19
    Team Semi-Auto #4
    Team Wheelgun #6

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by elkhunter76 View Post
    AR's are the LEGO system of the firearms world like 1911's. So easy to build and customize. The lower is the easy part to assemble but the upper takes a bit more work but is not bad. I have some upper end guns that don't shoot as well as parts guns I put together and some that shoot lights out. Depends on waht you want it for. Me....I hate that front fixed M4 sight!
    I agree. You can get much more bang for the buck with a build. And with the quality of flip up sights I'm not much of a fan with the fixed front sight either.

Deadeye
    Member #
    I never much liked the AR-15. I used one in the Marine Corps but I couldn't get used to it. I qualified with the M-14 and I liked it a lot better.

DRSLYR
    elkhunter76 likes this.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DRSLYR View Post
    I never much liked the AR-15. I used one in the Marine Corps but I couldn't get used to it. I qualified with the M-14 and I liked it a lot better.

DRSLYR
    Same here but you my friend have not played with the correct AR LEGO set yet is al I have to day. The M1 carbine, M1A and Garand are in the safe but the AR's get shot the most. The SP-1 has nothing in common with the AR's of today other that the receivers.
    I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees.....μολὼν λαβέ

There is not one person I would not take hunting......there are a few that would not make it back though.

Team 45/70 Member # 237
    Team Old Pharts #294
    Team 22 Magnum #106
    Team 35 Remington #671
    Team Rem 700 #19
    Team Semi-Auto #4
    Team Wheelgun #6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links