+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MR-7 Parts

Sidewinder
    Member #

MR-7 Parts

I'm trying to find a spare magazine for my new to me MR-7 in 30-06. Numrich has almost everything you could want for MR-7 parts except they are out of magazines. I have found some old posts (several years old) on some other forums where people have said that a magazine out of a Browning A-Bolt will fit right into an MR-7. Has anyone here ever tried that or do you have both an A-Bolt and an Mr-7 and can check it out? I've checked every source I can find on the web short of just waiting to see if one turns up on e-bay or one of the other auction sites. Any help would be appreciated.
    Duncan
    ------------
    "We can have no "50-50" allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all."
    -Theodore Roosevelt

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

Re: MR-7 Parts

I'd like to know the answer to this question. Kicking myself for not getting a spare from Numrich a couple of years ago when they had some.
    Zuikowarrior, NRA Life Member

Team 35 Member 48, Team .30-30 Member 112, Team 39 Member 92, Team 60 Member 18, Team .45/70 Member 912, Old Phart no. 49.

"Blessed are those who, in the face of death, focus on the front sight." COL Jeff Cooper

"My Governor can outshoot your Governor." Me

"A free people ought to be armed." George Washington

Marlin 30AW, 336CSs, Texans, Guide Gun, 39TDS, Model 60, MR7

Sidewinder
    Member #

Re: MR-7 Parts

Well, after looking and looking for a spare magazine for my MR-7 30/06 and not being able to locate one, I ordered a Browning A Bolt 30/06 magazine from Numrich and it definately does NOT () fit the MR-7. It's somewhere between 1/4" to 1/3" too long and the little tabs are reversed. Oh well, I thought it'd be worth a shot. If ANYONE out there has a spare 30/06 MR-7 magazine you want to part with or know where I can get one please let me know. Thanks!
    Duncan
    ------------
    "We can have no "50-50" allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all."
    -Theodore Roosevelt

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links