+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: night vision scopes

Gunfighter
    Member #

night vision scopes

I need educating on night vision scopes.. anyone run of these for hogs or predators?.. I read where gen 2 is better than gen 1.. an gen 3 is better than gen 2.. whats a good manufacturer? whats a good magnification for NV with clarity out to 150 yards? Also I read about one NV scope that goes on the end of your regular scope.. anyone know about these types?..

I know you usually get what ya pay for.... I would like to hear some real world hunting opinions.. Not depend on a website that sells them.

Thanks
    However complicated the issues become... it comes down to one simple question. Which is more important to you Life or Liberty? I've made my decision long ago.

"Is life so sweet or peace so dear; as to be paid for at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me Liberty or give me Death." Patrick Henry

Team Thuty-Thuty Co-Captain - Site Contributor Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    I know VTDW used a night vision setup for hogs I will see if I can find some posts where he shows it or talks about it!!

Ist page is a pic of it and the top of the 3rd page he tells you what it is!!! He don't really give no info on it but tells you the name of it and what Gen it is!! Hope this helps!!

TACTICAL levergun picture thread!!
    Last edited by Cajun; 07-30-2012 at 08:14 PM.
    capt greg likes this.

Patrick

#14 TEAM MARLIN EXPRESS
    #176 TEAM 444
    #14 TEAM 35
    #152 TEAM 45/70
    #11 TEAM 60
    #3 MARLIN LEAGUE
    #10 TEAM SOUTHPAW
    #59 TEAM SHOTGUN

Tinhorn
    Member #
    This place can get you started. Hide the plastic before you look at the top-level stuff. Tactical Night Vision Company
    capt greg likes this.

Gunfighter
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by OldTex View Post
    This place can get you started. Hide the plastic before you look at the top-level stuff. Tactical Night Vision Company
    your right about that..
    However complicated the issues become... it comes down to one simple question. Which is more important to you Life or Liberty? I've made my decision long ago.

"Is life so sweet or peace so dear; as to be paid for at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me Liberty or give me Death." Patrick Henry

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    capt greg,

I was cruising midwayusa a while back and they have a night vision scope that mounts in front of your existing scope to provide night vision without having to sight another scope. Not sure about price or maker, but I liked that concept.....
    capt greg likes this.
    When I was just a baby my mama told me. Son,
    Always be a good boy, don't ever play with guns.

Gunfighter
    Member #
    anyone heard of this night scope? http://www.summitnightvision.com/doc...s-4x-specs.pdf

Gunfighter
    Member #
    ordered a nv scope and a nv mono, both genIII.. figured it would get old having to swing the rifle around ever time ya wanted to check things out, so the mono should come in very handy.. plus the mono will work with my eo tech

Tinhorn
    Member #
    I use a Laser Designator for night time Hog Hunting in Florida, Works great, and runs about $400 and mounts right on your scope. Lights up the whole area around the feeders and the Hogs cant see it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gunfighter
    Member #
    got my night vision gear yesterday.. stayed out all night playin with it.. man o man I had no idea how well these things work. The monocular fastens to head gear an makes it so you can walk hands free.. I was so amazed with the monocular I didnt even try the scope out yet...

Gunfighter
    Member #
    Wow, I always wondered about this stuff. Keep us posted on how it works

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links