+ Reply to Thread

Tenderfoot
    Member #

"The American Double Action" Pistol info,need part

Hi all
    I recently was given a 32 S&W H&R revolver with "The American Double Action" on the top of the frame. It has no other identifing marks on it. I did manage to find the serial? 988 under the left grip panel. It is in need of a few springs and things but I can't seem to find a schematic or a parts list. It is in bad shape finish wise but the bore looks to be decent. I'd like to find parts and more info in it

Sidewinder
    Member #

Looks preety cool, just spruce it up a bit. I personally have never heard of that gun, but i have of the caliber though!
    out of sight is out of mind.
    "kiss my glock" Ted Nugent

Tenderfoot
    Member #

From what I have been able to find out it is a H&R American, it was made between 1890 and 1904. It was built for black powder ammo and is not considered safe to shot todays ammo thru it. I have cleaned it up and will probably make it a wall hanger with some ammo around it.
    Here's a pic of it cleaned up, all of the nickel plating is gone but I think it will polish up ok though.

Tenderfoot
    Member #

"The American Double Action .32"

I have an The American Double Action .32 it has a broken/missing trigger return spring. It will shoot modern shells but you have to return the trigger forward yourself. Anyone have a return spring? They are about 1" long and 3/16" wide, are curved in an arch for the tention to reset the trigger. Love the size of the pistol and would like to get it working again. Tryed Numrich, not in stock they say keep checking back. Have been but they are still out of stock, wish they would restock!
    Last edited by unclewayne17; 03-04-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    Try Numerich Arms for both a parts list as well as parts. I have found I get better results by talking to them on the phone after looking up basic data on their website. Good luck in your search. Shenandoah
    All our life we trade our time for money, hoping to make enough money to do what we dream of, before we run out of time.

Never remove a fence without learning why the fence was put up in the first place.

US Army (Ret)

Member HYPHEN-ATED GANG (Cal 32-40)
    Team 30-30 - member 399
    Sharps (No Team) 1874, 40-65 Win
    Team Old Pharts - member XXIV

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Hi , I also just got the American Double Action by H&R ,mine has no marking for the Cal. but I have been told by a gun shop that I goto that it is a .32 cal, but what type of round not sure of ? it could be a .32 short or a .32 long. My gun dealer looked it over and told me that it should be useiable once I replace all the broken part's. my American has the serial number 8342. I have found a part's listing for the gun through NUMRICH gun parts corporation, But I have not been able to find a schematic on how to reassemble the pistol. ,So far I have most of it together, I just need to get the V-spring's and the large Frame Sear for the trigger. also I found out that if you pistol does not have the Cal. on the barrel then it is more then likely a pre 1905 model, my pistol come's-up as a 1904 model. hope this help you and I hope I can find a schematc for the rebuild. DerSoldat55.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Hi my name is Tony, I read the above and like you I was given a H&R .32cal revolve same as your ' s , I was able to get some of the main part's for my gun through Numrich gun parts. They show a schematic and a part's list for the 1904 The American Double Action .32 cal revolver. some part's are out of order. and you can also go to MIDWAY .com they have the spring's that are used in this revolver , right now they are out of stock but they are schudle to have the spring's in stock August 28 th 2013. I hope this help's you somewhat !!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links