+ Reply to Thread

Tenderfoot
    Member #

H&R buffalo classic cr-1871

I am new to the site and was wondering if anyone knew of a replacement monte carlo wood stock for the 45-70 buffalo classic with the 32" barrell?

Tinhorn
    Member #

Re: H&R buffalo classic cr-1871

You should be able to get one from H&R or try the H&R classifieds over on GBO. http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php/board,142.0.html
    Is the B C stock and forarm for sale?

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

All of H&R's single shot firearms share the same stocks and most forends, you can mix and match them to your heart's content. Boyd's makes the laminated thumbholes for H&R, they'll work too, available from H&R on their accessory barrel web page, you can order any stock H&R offers from them, call H&R toll free (866)776-9292.

http://www.hr1871.com/Support/accessoryProgram.asp

Brownell's also sells factory H&R stocks, you can find them in the factory parts on the left side of their homepage.

www.brownells.com

Gunstocks Inc offers replacement stocks if you want to do some finish work on a very nice stock, they make several different styles, top pic below is a GSI stock, bottom and H&R Topper Deluxe Classic stock, both on Buffalo Classic 45-70s.

www.gunstocksinc.com

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" - Mark Twain

H&R Centerfire Rifle Forum

Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Member #

Good information. I see another barrel in the future for my Handi Rifle, Thanks.
    Life NRA
    USN-Iron Men on wooden Ships, minesweepers.
    MSO 488 and MSO437
    Team 45-70 #394
    Team 39 #96
    Team 60 #35
    Team Old Pharts #44 "Pharty-Four"
    Life member RMEF
    American Legion

Tenderfoot
    Member #

quickdtoo

Which fore arm did u use on that gun and what type wood? That's sharp. Got on GSI site and found stocks that would fit the gun but I like the looks of yours.

Member #

The GSI stocked rifle is stuffit's rifle (may he rest in peace), it's GSI's walnut target/varmint forend. Richard (AtLaw) at GBO is working with that forend on his 450 Sharps Express (smokeless 45-120) BC right now. http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.p...#msg1099239650

Tim

http://www.gunstocksinc.com/web_page...fle-stocks.htm

Member #

In your posting (unless I missed it) you did not indicate if you were going to scope the rifle or use it's iron sights. I mention this only because I swaped a stock from a 450 Marlin Ultra rifle with a 45-70 and found I could not see the iron sights on the 45-70. The 450 Marlin was set up for a scope and as such was too straight to let you get behind the iron sights. I would think the same would apply if you put a thumb-hole stock on an iron sighted rifle. Shenandoah
    All our life we trade our time for money, hoping to make enough money to do what we dream of, before we run out of time.

US Army (Ret)

Member HYPHEN-ATED GANG (Cal 32-40)
    Team 30-30 - member 399
    Sharps (No Team) 1874, 40-65 Win
    Team Old Pharts - member XXIV

Member #

What Shenandoah said may or may not be true, just depends on what stock and sights are used and your anatomy, barrel sights mounted ahead of the chamber swell will make a difference tho. I don't have a problem with H&R monte carlo stocks and chamber mounted sights, including the H&R laminated thumbhole stock, it's not all that high, the GSI stocks have a very high comb tho. The stock below on one of my H&R 45-70s is an H&R laminated monte carlo hardwood stock, works fine with the Williams WGRS (or any other chamber mounted sight for that matter, Williams FP and Smith too) which is the sight that comes factory installed on the BC, the BC isn't drilled and tapped for a rear barrel mounted sight, only has the scope mount holes which the two rear holes are used for sights, and the front is a 3/8" dovetail.

Tim

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.p...html#msg391505

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.p...#msg1098240514

Tenderfoot
    Member #

I plan on using a Vari 111 on the gun so the monte carlo stock should not be a problem.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links