Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Got Out Yesterday

2K views 33 replies 11 participants last post by  Flyfish 
#1 ·
Fella's;

Yesterday I had a little free time and was able to fire the bike and get out on the road for a bit. Short bit though, just took the long way to a gas pump and the short way back, about 30 miles. Had to be done because I'd warm the bike occasionally over the winter to keep oil up in the engine etc., etc., and use gas.

But, the ranch lane to the pavement was dry, the weather was nice, and the itch was gettin' bad! Given that, regardless if they say it's spring winter ain't over yet, there's still a lot of sand & gravel on the pavement there's no sense in turnin' it up either. When your livin' at a mile high, winter frequently doesn't cooperate with the calendar as to what season it really is.

However, it felt really good to get on it and go. Just did some moderate warm-up exercises in balance and counter-steering, & had fun just cruisin' down the highway. Met a guy a little older than I am at the pump, he was on a big ole Yamaha V-Star I think. We talked a bit & I found a friend. It was a good day.

900F

#33 ·
MarlinJM;

You need some wind? I've got wind, just tell me where & how much, I'll send it on to ya. Now, if you need a whole lotta wind, you gots to go to Casper Wyoming, they've got mega-wind! They also have some fairly cool bumper stickers about it: "Casper Wyoming, cast iron kite flying capitol of the world." and "Wyoming wind festival, Jan 1, thru Dec 31 annually".

900F

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.