Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Not sure if a good deal, but happy none the less.

2K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  Omnipotent1 
#1 ·
My mizer of 15yr old son was looking to spend his long saved funds on a reasonably lower priced gun to add to his collection. I made a bid for him on GB a couple weeks back. Once the auction closed a few days ago, he had second thoughts about the purchase. Thus, I then considered myself a proud owner of a classic rifle in a caliber I do not currently own. After a conversation with his "old boy" of a school bus driver this past week, he came to me asking if he could still have the rifle, but could I help him make it look like mine. As a loving father, I said "yes".

The below is the model 36 in 32 win special. We got it for $349. The plan is to add a new walnut stock, with a trip to our outstanding local gunsmith for a new blueing, final fitting and finishing of the stock. Within a couple weeks, we plan on this 32 win looking like the 30-30 I had re-done last year.

We will keep you all posted on the results. Needless to say, my boy is impatient to see the finished results.

His newly purchased prized...
Gun Firearm Rifle Shotgun Trigger

The finished 30-30 I had redone last year. Same 36 model, same 1947 year of manufacture, but his is in a 32 caliber.
Gun Shotgun Wood Air gun Gun barrel

See less See more
#2 ·
That is what I'm looking for is another .32

Nice guns. Hope it all goes well.

#6 ·
At this point, my boy is pleased with the idea of having a Marlin in a caliber that dad does not already own. He has a new walnut replacement stock already picked out and has started shopping for 32 win special ammo. Leaning towards the Federal Power Shok ammunition, mainly because that ammo shots so well in my model 36 in 30-30. Yet, it might come down to what ever 32 special ammo that we can get our hands on.

Reactions: Marlinjunkie
#9 ·
What a score! The .32 seem to be bringing all the $$ lately and an SC no less....Congrats...your son is gonna love it...and congrats on your 30-30 a stunning beauty

Reactions: Omnipotent1
#11 ·
Nice lookin' rifles

Reactions: Omnipotent1
#12 ·
If you are replacing the stock, I would like the opportunity to make a deal with you on the old stocks.
If you reload and have .32 brass, perhaps we can talk partial trade for bullets made to your order..... or 30-30 bullets for that matter.
Nice score, and the price for the condition isn't bad either.
Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Reactions: erimort
#17 ·
Well... My boy won his bid back in Feb... We received his 32Win prize in Mar,then ordered a nice new walnut stock to complement the pending refinish..
Wood Tool

A couple month wait and we finally received the new wood. We dropped the rifle and new stock off at our local gun smith this past Wednesday, so he could work his magic. Normally takes a couple weeks, then I expect to post some amazing Marlin 36 32Win picks. We will keep you all posted...

Reactions: dpe.ahoy
#18 ·
Well... After 2 months waiting on the replacement stock... Another few weeks at our booked up gun smith... Finally... My boy's refinished model 36 in 32 win special.

It appeared a little hash looking when we first acquired it, but with the rifle having a nice bright bore and a tight action we thought it a good start... Now the rifle looks beautiful... The replacement stock looks amazing, and the reblue just as amazing. My boy asked if we could post the finished photo for the rest of you on MO to see...

The model 36 on top is my 30-30 that I had redone last year. The model 36 in the bottom of the photo is my boy's 32 win special that was just refinished... Obviously he is pretty proud of it, and to finally have one like dad's.

Gun Firearm Rifle Shotgun Trigger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.