Marlin Firearms Forum banner

XS7 stainless Christmas sale

4K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  pengy 
#1 ·
#8 ·
whsk said:
grout-scout-repeat over and over "i really dont't need another rifle"-if you are anything like me you end up at the gunshop looking and have one follow you home-done that too many times to mention!-whsk
I was at a Dicks sporting goods store earlier and they still have a XL .270 for $279.00, I thought and thought hard about it; but what in the heck would I do with another .270. I already have two of them, but for some reason I really want a .243. " I really don't need another rifle, I really don't need another rifle"! ;)

#10 ·
grout-scout said:
I was at a Dicks sporting goods store earlier and they still have a XL .270 for $279.00, I thought and thought hard about it; but what in the heck would I do with another .270. I already have two of them, but for some reason I really want a .243. " I really don't need another rifle, I really don't need another rifle"! ;)
Did you notice if they have any in the XS line like the 308? But to be honest I do not care what caliber it is lol. As I wish to change it to a 358 Winchester :).

#12 ·
Yes I know whsk. Any short action will work lol. :). But I am torn. As I also have a Remington MoHawk in .243 that would be a great candidate since the barrel will be 20 inches or shorter. As everything I have read says that with the 358 Winchester the 20-22 inch barrels will give full potential of the round.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.