+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: metal trigger guard installation

Sidewinder
    Member #

Re: metal trigger guard installation

I have not seen a SS X gun, but would assume that this trigger guard is made to complement Marlin's 22's in stainless. My SS Ruger Hawkeye is silver from the barrel to to the trigger guard. I'm just glad I did the color change for easy identification at any given time. The plastic trigger guard should be ditched by Marlin, both of mine had fractures starting on them right out of the box.
    For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.
    2 Timothy 4:3

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Re: metal trigger guard installation

trigger guard conversion looks like a good one. the screw on mine is sticking out to far and the bolt is hitting it. thanks a bunch, you guys just saved me from trading it off.

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mt_sourdough View Post
    I would like to see this post become a sticky. The post has info that X7 owners would probably like to see and it doesnt come up when one searches for "trigger guard".
    I agree.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Thanks for the info. I need to do this SOON.

Gruvmann

וקרא זה אל־זה
    ואמר קדוש קדוש
    קדוש יהוה צבאות
    מלא כל־הארץ
    כבודו׃

Sidewinder
    Member #
    I just watched a video of some guy reviewing his new X gun and he said it had a metal trigger guard. Is there any truth to that for anyone who recently purchased?
    For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Moderators, please make a sticky.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    H2opumper, I am sending a pm as well, but do you have the Marlin Item No. for the silver trigger gaurd that you have installed. I'm posting in a thread as well for reference.
    XS7 .308, Synthetic Stock, Blued Barrel; Leupold STD 1-Pc Base, Matte, 51738; Leupold Med STD Rings, Matte, 49901; Nikon Prostaff 4-12x40 Mil-Dot, Matte; Orig. John Marlin
    XL7L .270, Marlin Laminate Stock, Blued Barrel; Leupold STD 1-Pc Base, Matte, 51736; Leupold Med STD Rings, Gloss, 49900; Leupold VX-I 3-9x40 Duplex, Gloss; Orig. John Marlin
    XS7S .243, Synthetic Stock, Stainless Barrel; Leupold STD 1-Pc Base, Silver, 51739; Leupold Med STD Rings, Silver, 49902; REP Marlin w/ North Haven Parts

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Here's the Brownell's numbers:

Linemo likes this.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    That is good information. All I'll add is the Marlin Customer Service number, 1-800-544-8892, if anyone chooses to order directly from Marlin, and understand that Marlin will only be interested in the part number, not the Brownell's number. Gunrac confirmed on 8/2/10, post number 2 of this thread, that Marlin charged $11 plus $6 shipping. Confirm with the representative that the part number is for an aluminum trigger gaurd for a Marlin 925.
    XS7 .308, Synthetic Stock, Blued Barrel; Leupold STD 1-Pc Base, Matte, 51738; Leupold Med STD Rings, Matte, 49901; Nikon Prostaff 4-12x40 Mil-Dot, Matte; Orig. John Marlin
    XL7L .270, Marlin Laminate Stock, Blued Barrel; Leupold STD 1-Pc Base, Matte, 51736; Leupold Med STD Rings, Gloss, 49900; Leupold VX-I 3-9x40 Duplex, Gloss; Orig. John Marlin
    XS7S .243, Synthetic Stock, Stainless Barrel; Leupold STD 1-Pc Base, Silver, 51739; Leupold Med STD Rings, Silver, 49902; REP Marlin w/ North Haven Parts

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Has anyone repainted the hole after it's been drilled? If so what color/finish matched best? Concerned with rust if I don't repaint.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links