Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Cabela's Marlin XL/XS sale...$259.00

How can you beat that price?

Contributing Member
    Member #

Re: Cabela's Marlin XL/XS sale...$259.00

Where did you see that price? I've got a coupon for $50 off $300 purchase that I'm dying to use on an XS.
    Team 30-30 Member No. 223
    Team 444 Member No. 333

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Just bought one yesterday at Cabela's for $259.00. They had it on sale. Regular price for them is $299.00

Gun Wizard
    Member #

Hard to beat that. And if you have a coupon or some Cabels bucks you are in good shape. thought about getting one for the action and making a custom out of her. Maybe a .284 Win or 6.5-284 Who knows what.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

My local Cabelas has been tellin me for the last couple weeks that they can,t find any from any of their stores anywhere.That they can,t get any till they get them from Marlin. :PPlus they don,t offer rainchecks. :P

Tenderfoot
    Member #

I was really lucky. I was looking for a 30-06 and it sounded like I got the last one.

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Just joined to let everyone know something. Spoke to Cabelas early this month and asked for raincheck on an XS7 .308. They said no problem. Called back Thursday before sale ended and they said Marlin will not be shipping any XS7 or XL7 to big box stores. You must get them from independent dealers now. No further info why but my thoughts are the rifle is so good that nothing else is selling and they cannot keep up with demand. Called my dealer soon after and ordered one will have sometime this week. Cost $300.00 plus tax. so with the price of gas I think I'll break even without the trip.

So don't wait on Cabelas if you have the $$$$ order it from someone you trust.

Tenderfoot
    Member #

I called Reno's Cabela's yesterday and asked if they could hold one until I was able to get there in March... No problem, they would hold it (a 270) for 5 days or a little longer if I needed more time. Bye the way, I have a XS-7 308 which I purchased from them ($279.00) last summer. I still haven't got around to shoot it. I have Nikon Monarch 2.5-10x42 BDC I was going to mount with Burris Zee Signature Rings, but I think I'll save that scope for the 270. Maybe a 2-7 for the 308.
    I'm also interested in a Boyds stock and was told I would receive a email when available.

Gunfighter
    Member #

Quote Originally Posted by slashock
    Just joined to let everyone know something. Spoke to Cabelas early this month and asked for raincheck on an XS7 .308. They said no problem. Called back Thursday before sale ended and they said Marlin will not be shipping any XS7 or XL7 to big box stores. You must get them from independent dealers now. No further info why but my thoughts are the rifle is so good that nothing else is selling and they cannot keep up with demand. Called my dealer soon after and ordered one will have sometime this week. Cost $300.00 plus tax. so with the price of gas I think I'll break even without the trip.

So don't wait on Cabelas if you have the $$$$ order it from someone you trust.
    I told everyone months ago about this. Someone here was complaining about Academy Sports dropping the Marlin "x" guns. I think it has to do with the Remington SPS guns. Remington needs a means to sell their bargain guns without competing agianst the Marlin at cost $100 less. Now the High ticket Remingtons will be in the local shops competing against the Winchesters. Brownings, Tikkas, etc. Now the local shops have a great gun at a great price to sell without effecting the sale of High priced Remingtons.
    I don't drink or smoke, I spend my money on gunpowder and gasoline.

Sidewinder
    Member #

Does anyone have a printed ad that has the Marlin XS7 listed for $259.99? I want to take it to Walmart and get them to match that price.
    XS7 .308, Synthetic Stock, Blued Barrel; Leupold STD 1-Pc Base, Matte, 51738; Leupold Med STD Rings, Matte, 49901; Nikon Prostaff 4-12x40 Mil-Dot, Matte; Orig. John Marlin
    XL7L .270, Marlin Laminate Stock, Blued Barrel; Leupold STD 1-Pc Base, Matte, 51736; Leupold Med STD Rings, Gloss, 49900; Leupold VX-I 3-9x40 Duplex, Gloss; Orig. John Marlin
    XS7S .243, Synthetic Stock, Stainless Barrel; Leupold STD 1-Pc Base, Silver, 51739; Leupold Med STD Rings, Silver, 49902; REP Marlin w/ North Haven Parts

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links