Muzzle brakes for rifles. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Muzzle brakes for rifles.

Site Contributor Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Forgot to mention something. In the noise department. Some brakes have ports that are angled forward somewhat. My subjective experience is that they are not as noisy to the shooter as the harmonic style, straight out the side ported brakes. For what its worth... Horseshoe, I have a 338 Federal Tikka T3 Lite, barrel cut to 18", Skinner EXPRESS peep sighted rifle. L I G H T You are right, it kicks more than some of the heavier calibers we shoot. Wonder if its stock design or? Factory pad on mine, synthetic stock. Shot a nice bear with it two seasons ago. Amazing performance!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The nicest folks I ever meet are fellow shooters..."
    SKINNER SIGHTS
    Building sturdy, attractive, Peep/Aperture sights and other accessories for your rifles. Please visit us at www.skinnersights.com

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I have had some ported rifles. The benefits are not worth all the noise.

Site Contributor Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Some interesting info on muzzle brakes and noise increase. If you follow the link, the testing was quite substantial. Also see the related links below the article where they explore recoil reduction and brake designs. (This test represents some clear thinking and LOTS of work. Muzzle Brakes: Sound Test - PrecisionRifleBlog.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AZsparrow likes this.
    "The nicest folks I ever meet are fellow shooters..."
    SKINNER SIGHTS
    Building sturdy, attractive, Peep/Aperture sights and other accessories for your rifles. Please visit us at www.skinnersights.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Banned
    Member #
    Thanks for the link. The REAL news in that piece is that a suppressor is a far better choice IF you live in a free state. If you don't.... why don't you ?
    As a commuter between WY and FL (both free states) I have just ordered the Gemtech Trilogy TRILOGY
    That will cover my 22 rimfires, centerfires up & incl, 30 caliber and 45 ACP and down pistols. In most civilized countries suppressors are inexpensive and required for hunting. Here we are still victims of Hollywood gangster films of the 1930s. So get your's ordered, set up your trust, pay the $ and forget about the horrible BRAKES !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links