+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Brand New Marlin 70p Papoose, Big Problem

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Brand New Marlin 70p Papoose, Big Problem

I've been looking for a new 70p Papoose for months. I paid a premium price on Gunbroker for a brand new one.
    When it arrived I could not believe it. The front sight post was canted 7 degrees to the left, on the barrel. The cheap plastic front sight was pointing another 30 degrees to the left. So the very day I bought the gun, I had to send it in for repair. What a rip-off.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasercop View Post
    I've been looking for a new 70p Papoose for months. I paid a premium price on Gunbroker for a brand new one.
    When it arrived I could not believe it. The front sight post was canted 7 degrees to the left, on the barrel. The cheap plastic front sight was pointing another 30 degrees to the left. So the very day I bought the gun, I had to send it in for repair. What a rip-off.
    Sounds like the rem-boys are still in the learning cycle.................Sorry for your frustration...........

Tom
    NRA LIFE
    CCDL

Treat others the way you want to be treated.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully they will make it right, the Papoose is awesome rifle.
    Lasercop likes this.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Welcome to Lemonton.

I went through this myself with a new rifle. Send it back, ask for a refund, watch all the auction sites for a well maintained older rifle to become available. You will thank yourself in the long run. Good luck.
    Lasercop and buckeyeshooter like this.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Here is an update on on the Papoose saga. I purchased the papoose from Kemps gun shop through Gunbroker in November, 2011. As soon as I received it, I noticed the sight was off. The Micro grooving was not cut. The seller refused to take it back and said they did not notice the defect. They told me to send it into Marlin. Having no other choice, I did.

Marlin recieved the gun but said I may have to wait until March. The repair was transfered to Remington. I had been told by Marlin that the 70pss was being produced in November/December 2011. When I asked Remington, why I could not have one of those, they explained my model was a PT (Blued Model). Okay, March comes and I contacted Remington again. The same guy says, oh, they don't make the blued 70pt anymore, would I like to have a 795, 60, or 70pss. I told him I'd like the 70pss, like the one I asked for in December. I had to send in my dealers ffl to them and they have just now placed the order for a 70pss in my name. However, they say I may have to wait a while, because, "They've had production problems." No kidding, really, I am shocked and amazed. I think they have far more serious problems than production.
    This time, they will not say how long I will have to wait
    Last edited by Lasercop; 09-16-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Papoose Replacement Saga update.

I've contacted Remington yet again. Now they are saying they've already shipped Papoose's to their distributors in the first quarter. The next production run will be late spring or summer.

They will not say when I will get a replacement rifle. They just say, "I hope for your sake, you do".

Although I have asked repeatedly, they will not send me a phone number or E-mail of the next highest manager in the Chain of Command.

I have fallen victim to poor production and even poorer customer service.

I have several Marlin and Remington rifles and shotguns, but I swear to god, I will never, never, never buy a weapon from this company again.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Did you try for a refund?
    Marlin 336C 30WCF Remlemon - Refunded
    H&R Sidekick .50cal Blackpowder

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasercop View Post
    I've contacted Remington yet again. Now they are saying they've already shipped Papoose's to their distributors in the first quarter. The next production run will be late spring or summer...
    So they can't (won't) get one rifle back from a distributor (after refunding/paying the dist. for it) and then send it to you?

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Marlin 70pt/pss

Here is the final chapter in the Marlin 70 PSS story. During this ordeal, I'd tried to speak with a manager, someone further up the food chain. At no time did anyone from Marlin or Remington contact me. I also asked several times for a refund

I was sent a simple E-mail that my Papoose was shipped in late June. I received it a few days later, UPS leaving it outside unattended at the door of my FFL dealer.
    I took the new gun to the range, 70 miles away, a couple weeks later. But the rifle would not extract. I once again sent a brand new rifle back to the factory. By now, customer service and I are on first name basis. They did repair the new gun and now in September, I have the new rifle. I have not been able to get to the range yet, but it appears to cycle okay.

My final word is this, there is no way that a customer of any consumer goods should have to wait 10 months for a repair or replacement of an item. although I've used Remington products for years, I would be very hesitant to purchase a product from Remington or Marlin at this time. They could have made it right at any time during this 10 months, they did nothing.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Lasercop
    Sounds like Remington have SHOT THEMSELVES IN THE FOOT.

GUS
    Lasercop likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links