+ Reply to Thread

Wrangler
    Member #

Union Fire Arms Co./Toledo Ohio?

Anyone have any info on a shotgun (pump),old,made by this company?I cant find much about this one or any value listings either.The name is listed in Fladlemans,but nothing else....thanks Mike

Site Contributor Wrangler
    Member #

Mike, What model no. do you have. They made a model no. 24,25, 25A and a 50. 50 has a single trigger.
    Ken
    To try to be safe. Always.

Wrangler
    Member #

Ken,thanks for the reply.I dont see any model # on it any where.All the markings are Union Fire Arms,Toledo Oh. and the serial #.Pretty plain pump shotgun,looks old but conditions not to bad,still has some blueing and seems tight enough.It has a real sharp hump at the back of the reciever,more than a Browning and has two funny buttons on the right side of the reciever.It has one trigger and it looks like a reversed trigger in the front of the guard that opens the action.Any ideas or someplace I can find any info on these.Are they a desireable piece or junkers? Mike

Site Contributor Wrangler
    Member #

Mike see if this helps you out any. This information is about four years old.
    To try to be safe. Always.

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Re: Union Fire Arms Co./Toledo Ohio?

your t0ledo fire arms gun was made by edward h. johns or one of his seven sons who were willed the company . the last son died in 1994 shortley after he passed the old building burnt down. the company desk written on the back says edward h johns 1917 id have to look again but i think it said to 1945 it is sort of a odd duck they mainly manufactured the double barrell 12 ga. durring the depression my dad rembers burning thousans of dollars in woodstocks just for heat. yes its old as far as value not much more of a conversation pieace. they were a cheap gun so the average working man could afford.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    I have long wondered what became of the Toledo Gun Co. When I was a kid I used to haunt the shop. They had hundreds of antique
    and modern firearms racked up by the ceiling. Laverne Johns was a particular friend. In the 50's he opened a sporting goods store on Star ave.
    I bought a couple of guns from him. Lost track of them when I went into the service in 1952.
    Good people!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links