+ Reply to Thread

Wrangler
    Member #

Marlin Model 1893 SRC

This afternoon I took all my 1893's out to the range for a workout. I spent a very enjoyable 3 hr. session shooting them and was once again impressed at what these old rifles will do at 100 yds.
    Aside from a case seperation in the .25-36, no problems at the range.

This evening I started the cleaning process. While working on my SRC, I decided to remove the forearm and see if I could tighten it up a bit, as it has always had some slight play in it. When I took the screw out that goes through the forearm, and the rear barrel band I discovered that it was broken in half.
    When I bought the carbine the screw was broken. After a futile search, I ended up having a machinist buddy of mine repair it by welding it and turning the shaft down to spec. That weld is where it broke today.

Does anyone have a source for this screw ?
    I have exhausted all my resources. I was told at one time that a 336 screw will work, but after buying one found it is not the same. The shaft on it is too large.
    Any help at all is appreciated.
    WB
    MARLIN - The Gun For The Man Who Knows"

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

Marlin Model 1893 SRC

Wishbone,
    Kaintuck is on vacation now, but you might try to contact him in a week or so. I sold him a complete model '93 carbine, which he built into a rifle. He should have the barrel bands, and screws that I sent along, which he didn't use. Maybe he'll part with them, since he's not using them?
    Old Marlins, and Single Shot Rifles!
    http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/

Wrangler
    Member #

Marlin Model 1893 SRC

I bought one from Gun Parts awhile back. They may still have a supply. As a matter of fact I bought it for my 1895 Carbine but it turned out that the threads were a tad to small. I had to make one myself and it turned out real nice. Come to think of it I might have the one I bought from Gun Parts lying around somwhere. If you don't find one let me know and I will see if I can find it. It might fit your 1893 just right and the price will be right. Parley
    'am that man. Matt Dillon United States Marshall. The first man they look for and the last they want to meet.

Wrangler
    Member #

Marlin Model 1893 SRC

I just ordered one from Gun Parts. After I wrote the post I went to their website and discovered they listed them as available.
    When I bought the carbine 10 yrs. ago, they didn't carry them, so maybe I'll get lucky and it will be the correct screw.
    Thanks guys .........
    WB

Wrangler
    Member #

Marlin Model 1893 SRC

I just ordered one from Gun Parts. After I wrote the post I went to their website and discovered they listed them as available.
    When I bought the carbine 10 yrs. ago, they didn't carry them, so maybe I'll get lucky and it will be the correct screw.
    Thanks guys .........
    WB

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links