Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Every day carry pocket knife

13K views 151 replies 95 participants last post by  mastercrasher 
#1 · (Edited)
What's your ,everyday carry pocket knife, or carry knife.
For work or play.
I have a Swiss army knife, that is small enuf ,I could carry in my pocket, but I carry it in a leather belt pouch,
It's one I picked up last yr.
The Evolution S -14
And it replaced a Remington single lockblade knife
That I still carry sometimes mostly during hunting season
It's small but has a nice clip on pouch to carry on your belt or clip in your pocket. It's the Sportsman series, insignia edition.
Will post pic. Later.

Attachments

See less See more
#86 ·
I love an older Case stockman the yellow handled 33092 birds eye is my favorite, the Case carbon steel knives are fantastic. I'm carrying a Kissing Crane stag handled in a two bladed copper head pattern right now and its a solid pocket knife. I have many Moore Makers too that I really like. My Case knives are in the safe cause I don't want to lose them but I my have to break out one of them soon.

#88 ·
So I have been thinking all night about a sling, with a knife.
I like the idea because ,when I sit, for awhile hunting, the first thing I do is take the sling off, and the weight of the knife, won't bother me.
Picked out a possible combo.
Have a big gun show coming up this weekend,so I will be
Looking for other combo's too
This is a sling 9mmfan made for me some time ago with a matching cuff.

Attachments

#89 ·
I know there is at least 1, 000 guys out there asking why not just carry your knife on your belt.
I just don't like carrying a big fixed blade on my side.
I have one that works great, I carry it in my pack.
I am looking for a backup knife , in Case what happened in
My story , happen's again. And I think Vt4ster.'s rig is cool.

Reactions: vt4ster
#90 ·
Went for a ride and found something, at the army and Navy store., and it's made in the USA. It's a horizontal knife sheath, but works well on my sling, just doesn't come in Brown. Mite give it a paint job this spring, should have lot's of time to air out.

Attachments

#93 ·
Seems like we quickly went from EDC pocket knives to every pocket knife we own. Kind of cool either way although I really like seeing what everyone is carrying, I think you can tell a lot about a person by the knife they carry.

By the way, the knife sheath incorporated into the butt cuff/sling idea is brilliant. I might have to build one for myself with a designated knife for each rifle. Great I just made myself a bunch of work and now have to buy dedicated knives for each hunting rifle. Can't use knives from the collection for this.

Stu

#95 ·
Your knife in the cuff,
Reminds me of a pair of boots, I fell in love with, when I was a little kid, I think I seen it , in a Montgomery ward's
Catalog. High top boots, with a knife pouch on the side.
My mother wouldn't buy them for me.

#108 ·
Case Medium Stockman every day for more years than I want to count. Sometimes a Case Peanut on Sunday. I have a few others for some reason but that is what I carry.

Reactions: no primers
#121 ·
I carry a Multi-tool on my belt every day. It's an old Gerber with the slide out pliers and no locking tools (wish they still made them that way). The only time it's not on my belt is at work since I'm not allowed to have one there. Multi-tools are very handy and I wouldn't be without one. I need to find and pick up a couple of backups for when mine finally wears out or breaks.

Stu

#110 · (Edited)
Here's my weirdo EDC. The 3 blade Old Timer has stuck with me for along time. It's one of two folders that I swap between. The Old timer was given to me by my dad when I was 10. My grandaddy, who was 87 at the time, gave me the same knife from his pocket one day. The day after showing that knife to my daddy he bought me a new three blade just like it. Told me to have my momma put the one from grandaddy in her jewelry box so I didn't lose it. Grandaddy died that year. That was 1985. Momma still has the knife he gave me in her jewelry box. I still carry this one. The other is an old two blade Boker One Arm Razor. I love that knife. I broke the small blade when I was a kid. My uncle gave me that knife. You know that uncle that let you drink beers on the sly and would put a little money in your pocket if you had a hot date. That guy. Boker just brought that knife back. I carry either in the little pocket on my wallet, as you can see.

The wierdo fixed blade happened out necessity. I had a problem with a fella a few years ago. Tried to help out my favorite cousin's son who was in some trouble and it all went south. Something made the boy decide to turn on me he threatened to kill me. It was likely just angry young man talk, but, like I told him, I've cut my knuckles on teeth for the last time a long time ago. I don't fight like that anymore. I found the Kabar TDI at the local Army Navy store. So,.. there's that. Also, there's a lot of places I can't carry my pistol, so this knife goes everywhere with me. I pulled off the belt clip and made the flashlight holder from kydex. I carry it in my right front pocket. It hardly prints at all. Carries better with the flashlight. When I wear my tight Saturday Night jeans (that's right) it prints like a tube of chap stick and a money clip. I'm completely average sized, so this knife and that method of carry should work for anyone. Oh,.. it draws fast from a pants pocket, too.

Everyday carry Knife

#111 ·
MY EDC knife is a USA made Kershaw 1670. The only time I am not carrying this knife is when I am flying and then it is in my luggage. When I am on the beach it is in my swimming trunks pocket. It has held up pretty well with no rust even after been with me many times in the Caribbean and Atlantic oceans, of course I rinse it with soap and fresh water as soon as I get to my room. I have other knives but this is my favorite and therefore my EDC.

Knife Blade Utility knife Serrated blade Tool

#123 ·
MY EDC knife is a USA made Kershaw 1670. The only time I am not carrying this knife is when I am flying and then it is in my luggage. When I am on the beach it is in my swimming trunks pocket. It has held up pretty well with no rust even after been with me many times in the Caribbean and Atlantic oceans, of course I rinse it with soap and fresh water as soon as I get to my room. I have other knives but this is my favorite and therefore my EDC.

View attachment 439826
Is this the same as a Black out ?

#113 ·
Well, you sure won't break the BK-2!
lol
I have one that I need to post a picture of.

#118 ·
I have been carrying a Buck model 307 - a Stockman style on steroids for about 25 years now

( discontinued many years ago, but fortunately I have 4 spares still in the box)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.