Marlin Firearms Forum banner

ACRC 3 Gun

988 views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  msharley 
#1 ·
Hey Mo,

Allegheny Country Rifle Club (Millvale, Pa) is the oldest continuously operating "Rifle Club" in the United States. :biggrin: (shot on their Bulls Eye Team, for years)

My Nephew and his buddies put on a great 3 Gun Match today.:congrats:

There were about twenty entrants, and the "Fun Factor" was very "High"!:biggrin:

The pics are self explanatory, will put them up in the order my "confuser" has sorted them.:hmmmm:

Later, Mark

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
3 Gun

Hey MO,

The course of fire was a dozen shotgun targets, move right along, and about a dozen pistol rounds, hustle down the line, grab the rifle, and about two dozen rifle rounds were required.:biggrin:

Here we have Grant shooting, and Greg making ready.

Later, Mark

Attachments

#3 ·
3 Gun

Hey MO,

Here we have Jim RO'ing Greg, and Greg going through the course.:congrats:

Later, Mark

Attachments

#4 ·
3 Gun

Hey MO,

Here we have the last rifle, and last pistol target arrays.

And my Nephew coming to the line, and doing a bit of shooting!:ahhhhh:

Later, Mark

Attachments

#5 ·
3 Gun

Hey MO,

Here, we have Matt launching the clay bird (which he powdered), loading the shotgun, and hosing the rifle targets:congrats:

Later, Mark

Attachments

#6 ·
3 Gun

Hey MO,

Amazed myself, got the bird as it left the launcher, and "high in the sky" (popper activated launcher):hmmmm:. Did not catch it, as Matt powdered it (was trying to, but I pulled "the trigger" on the camera, about 1/4 second before he did (he engaged another popper, before the bird):biggrin:

That did not work out so well for me, when I tried it.:ahhhhh::biggrin:

We have Matt finishing up the shotgun targets, and moving along "smartly" on the pistol targets.

Miss Chris is saying, "Wow, what a lot of targets!":congrats:

Later, Mark

Attachments

#7 ·
3 Gun

Hey MO,

Here we have some pistol and shotgun targets, and the Nephew taking a break.:flute:

Hope you enjoy the pics, as much as we enjoyed shooting the Match:damnmate::beer::biggrin:

Later, Mark

Attachments

#10 ·
Hey Jim,

Thank you for the kind words.

Amazing what those fellows did with a ONE HUNDRED YARD RANGE! (they used to have a North facing "hill to hill" 300 yard range, but folks kept building houses near the back stop) LOL Guess they were out of room......at the Greater Pittsburgh International Airport's "runways end". (old City Dump) LOL

All of the targets were "easy" to hit..............until the timer went "BEEP!" LOL Well, maybe the last clay pigeon was a bit rough.....after energetically "engaging" all the other targets......LOL.

Matt had put a "new" scope on his AK (low power), and it was "dead nuts" for me. Actually "A'd out" with it! (had not shot it before) LOL

Bobbled the shotgun reload....Oh well, better luck next time! (maybe we can have "pick up teams"?) That is always fun, draw straws for "Teams".

Later, Mark

Reactions: URO
#11 ·
Hi Marc, go!, as well pass it by burning gunpowder, beautiful pictures and it seems a great event with lots of fun. family and burning gunpowder on a nice day, healthy envy that you give me and hopefully could be there to enjoy as you burn much powder. Marc questions, that type of black shotgun is that of photographs?, many shooting allows you to shoot with that shotgun without has load?, that calibrating is?, here in Spain the old Repeater shotguns were five shooting Max, but then banned five shots and is reduced to three shots maximum, as it is my beretta that is modified to only three shots in each load.A big hug Marc and a greeting has all and many thanks for the photos.

#12 ·
Hey URO,

Thank you for the kind words.

Hunting shotguns are "limited" to three rounds, here in Pennsylvania, as well.

My Nephew is using his Mossberg (not sure which model) which is modified to hold 9+1 rounds. 12 gauge.

Greg used to shoot a Bennelli. Am not sure which shotgun he was using? (he has a couple, and buys/sells/trades often) 12 gauge, sometimes 20 gauge.

I used my old Remington 870 (modified to hold 9+1). Have a Remington 1187, set up very similar. Both in 12 gauge.

Will need to a shotgun photo shoot. (may be a while, as I am going to be really busy at work, for the next couple of months) Have to feed my Marlinitis somehow. LOL

We would love to have you at any of our events. (we would need a translator, as none of us speaks Spanish)

Maybe treat you to some fine American food. (my Nephew is something of a "Grill Master", par excellence) LOL

BIL (brother in law) is something of a hunter (Pa., Wyoming, Canada.....etc) Could most likely show you a good time in venison hunting (the occasional ursine). LOL BIL is a GRILL MASTER!!! (he and I used to roast pigs, for the German Club) Yummy!

Later, Mark

Reactions: URO
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.