+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Re: Marlin Picatinny Rail Forend

Nice! You mentioned it will fit the 336, will it require the forearm cap or will the barrel band work? I'd really like to get this on the new 336Y I'm tricking out specifically for a defensive/general purpose rifle. I figure it'd require a conversion either way, what with the shorter forearm.

Thanks,
    Barrett

Supporting Vendor
    Member #

Barrett,

I have not made one yet for the barrel band forearms yet, but there won't be a problem. It is just different. As far as the length goes, it can be done. It will just require some additional machining.
    Sincerely,

Lew Bonitz
    Grizzly Custom Guns, LLC
    325 Patterson Ranch Lane
    Columbia Falls, Montana 59912

Sidewinder
    Member #

thats so cool!!! finally someone has made one, was talking about this last summer... can't believe someone finally had the time and money to make it. so cool!. When will these be available for sale

Also...have another idea for you guys to ponder... a way to make a controlled round feed system for a lever gun... that would really make a lever gun a good dangerous game and tactical gun

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Gentlemen,

Sorry for the delay!

I was not aware that I had to resubscribe to the threads after the Forum changeover... I must have been napping!

The new Tri-Rail fore arm replacement will available in the first quarter of 2012. They will be hard anodized flat black.

Click on the photo below for a larger version.

grizzly_custom_guns_tactical_marlin_1894_picatinny_rail_forend_1.jpg

The cost will be $250 each, unless quantities get high enough to bring the cost down. This price does reflect a cash/check discount, CC's will add 5%.

The rail will fit all 1895's, 336's, and 1894's with the 9-5/8" length fore arm and the cap-style attachment, not the barrel band. I am not saying that it can't be made to work with the band, I just have not gone there yet.

Since the dimensions inside the front of the receiver and inside the fore arm caps tend to vary, the rail was designed to be bedded in place. I use Brownells AcraGlas, dyed black. A $15 kit is available here, World's Largest Supplier of Gun Parts, Gunsmith Tools & Shooting Accessories - Brownells , and includes the black dye.

Some 1894's have a shorter fore arm. It should not be too difficult to modify the fore arm to fit these 1894's.

Please holler if you have any questions. Forum thread inquiries, emails, or phone calls are appreciated. PM's are discouraged.

Thanks for your interest!
    Last edited by Lew Bonitz; 12-28-2011 at 04:22 PM.
    Sincerely,

Lew Bonitz
    Grizzly Custom Guns, LLC
    325 Patterson Ranch Lane
    Columbia Falls, Montana 59912

Tinhorn
    Member #
    That is so cool !!!! Lew , you are going to be a rich man with those kind of products. Keep up the creativity for the Lever guns. It's probablily the biggest gun market out there.I use and shoot all kinds of guns. But I have killed more running big game with my Marlins than all the Steyrs , Sakos and custom Weatherbys I own combined. They are light , well balanced , fast and hard hitting. They just need updating options to bring them into our new world situations for food , fun or survival. I will bookmark your website !

Czech

Sidewinder
    Member #
    No not for me..

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Wow. Amazing. I want it

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links