+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LuvM and LeverM

Bambi (Button Buck) - Meat for Dad... 336W 1.5-4.5 Bushnell Elite 3200 FireFly

Another kill with the 336W..

I did not post picks of this one yet. Head on shot (again) in ground blind @ 136 steps.

Winchester 150 grain FN PP does it again. Bang flop. That is 2 this year with that bullet. I am getting loyal to it.

I know he is small, but dad doesn't get out anymore. He needed some Christmas deer.

Really Short Fuse Administrator
    Edmond, Oklahoma - That's just North of the Red River Team .444 Charter Member
    Member #

Re: Bambi (Button Buck) - Meat for Dad... 336W 1.5-4.5 Bushnell Elite 3200 FireFly

VERY nice shooting there Jeremy!! My very first deer and a few more have had a severe case of ground shrinkage once I walked up to them.

Dave
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v354/vtdw1/
    MO Member #77

LuvM and LeverM

Re: Bambi (Button Buck) - Meat for Dad... 336W 1.5-4.5 Bushnell Elite 3200 FireFly

It did shrink some for sure. I wouldn't have shot this deer, but I had a request from the old man.

"You know, Jeremy. I sure hadn't had me some tender deer meat in a long time", said The Old Man. So I popped him.

Member #

Nutin wrong with that Jeremy. Some folks would not have shot that little one, but circumstances heavily dictate what we do most of the time.

Dave
    MO Member #77

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

Quote Originally Posted by VTDW
    Nutin wrong with that Jeremy. Some folks would not have shot that little one, but circumstances heavily dictate what we do most of the time.

Dave
    I'm apparently not one of them folks. I'ld have shot him in a heartbeat if I wanted to. I've said it before, I don't go deer hunting to make a friend, I go hunting with my friends to kill critters. Too many people(read hunters) these days think that killing animals is something to be sorry about. Not me I celebrate every kill big or small. It doesn't matter if its a small deer, a rabbit or any other game. I'm happy for the success, and the addition to the game bag makes life and the experience that much richer. Don't get me wrong, I've passed on a lot of legal game over the years. Sometimes I was waiting for a bigger buck or doe or sometimes I just didn't need more tender meat and was purely, dare I say, trophy hunting. Just remember this the younger ones are always easier to drag and chew.

Nice shot by the way! I miss deer season already and it's only been 72 hours. Go kill another one for me.

Happy Holidays.
    Vince.

Member #

Agree 100% if it is legal wild game. It doesn't matter what size at all. One of these days I am gonna shoot one of these 20# wild hawgs. Most likely won't end up with more than 3-4 bites of meat but what the heck.

Dave
    MO Member #77

Wrangler
    Member #

Re: Bambi (Button Buck) - Meat for Dad... 336W 1.5-4.5 Bushnell Elite 3200 FireF

The small ones eat the best I have shot many that size for the stewpot. I get requests from old folks to bring them one like that and I do. Congrats.
    attack always attack

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

I too have shot many a yearling for meat. They eat good.

The Old Man can eat good for a while now.

Site Contributor-Certified Marlin & Milsurp Rifle Nut Super Moderator
    Member #

Good shootin'!

If I, for one, kill a yearling in November because I get trigger happy, I bet beotched and screamed at for it. If I kill it 3 days before the season ends, I'm on good terms. Yeah, I'm a trophy hunter but when it comes to the last few days of deer season, anything with four legs, white fluffy tail and big ears is fair game.
    - Travis
    Single action revolvers, Marlin and Winchester leverguns, and Mosin Nagants.

Team 30-30 #158
    Team 1894 #61
    Team 39 #113
    Team Bikers #14 SO
    Team Mauser Co-Captain

America was founded by tough hell raisers, rugged American citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer and moonshine, and smuggled weapons; it will be saved only by those who do the same today.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn View Post
    I hate living in interesting times.

Contributing Member
    Member #

I too would of shot it ... last few years have dropped several like it and when I get asked if I got my buck it usually sounds like this
    GET A BUCK !?
    I say sure did.
    HOW BIG!! ?
    Well it would of been a nice eight or ten pointer.
    WHY WERE THE TINES BROKE OFF OR SOMETHING !!??
    Nope..
    WELL, WHAT THEN !! ??
    Would of been a 8 or 10 pointer in a couple years if I wouldn't of shot him ..
    GEESH !!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links