+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Charlie Marlin Firemore is on the road, again...

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

Re: Charlie Marlin Firemore is on the road, again...

Tomorrow we have range for the Basic Pistol class but will take it pretty easy.

We were hoping to maybe get in some blowgun and archery time with foof5 before he leaves!

Jon
    IITimothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
    In order: Marlins 1894C, Golden 39M, 1894CSS, 1894 .45 Colt, 795, 1894CL .25-20
    Team 1894 Member #29!
    Team 39 Member #18!
    Marlin League #8!!

Member #

Almost forgot the handgun class!

It was in a dojo I do gun classes in...Charlie couldn't believe an American had so many recognitions from Japan and China!

During class he made sure I stayed on track with the lesson plan.

Range again tomorrow!

Jon
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IITimothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
    Team 1894 Member #29!
    Team 39 Member #18!
    Marlin League #8!!

Site Contributor Super Moderator
    Member #

Cool stuff Jon.

Gotta love a name like Chester Manning!

Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Eli Chaps
    Cool stuff Jon.

Gotta love a name like Chester Manning!
    Yeah you do! His company logo (for his training org) is a red-white-n-blue shamrock!

Jon
    Team 1894 Member #29!
    Team 39 Member #18!
    Marlin League #8!!

Member #

Well, Charlie is listening to Willy and on the road again!

He accompanied us to Nightfall this past Sunday evening. This is an event where the owners of Old Tucson Studios (80% of your classic Western movies and TV shows had at least part filmed there) convert the whole town into a ghost town...with several haunted houses to tour, plenty of ghouls walking around to jump out at you.

We got there right at sunset...cell phone cameras do NO justice!

Charlie posed with foof5 outside Old Tucson in the parking lot. After that, Charlie took over the camera, while I tried to fend off ghouls from the ladies.

Rob is the guy that got us passes for admission. Sadly, he borrowed a horse without permission and needed killin'.

Creepys and crawlies were all over...even had one sneak up behind me through a window...Charlie got a good belly laugh off that.

He was going to leave Monday, but Mom had some health issues and Charlie agreed to babysit while we got that taken care of. Glad he could help.

He is now planning on spending some time with papajohnabi over in Texas! Hope he enjoys his stay!

Jon
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Team 1894 Member #29!
    Team 39 Member #18!
    Marlin League #8!!

Member #

Cool Jon.

Look forward to papajohnabi's adventures.

Member #

Things are all crazy at the "Hoot 'N Holler Hidey Hole" since Charlie arrived here this afternoon. He said the trip was uneventful (in fact kind of boring) after all the gunpowder he smelled at Planeflyer 21's place. I asked if he'd like a quick snooze, but he declined and asked if the TX weather was really as crazy as he had heard. He took one look at the rain gauge and commented on it looked like it could use a fill-up and then proceeded to do a little rain dance on the gauge to try to help out!

I told him lack of rain wasn't the only crazy part that altho the overnite temps for the last few days had been in the 60's, three nites ago it was 24 with resulting damage to my tomato plants. Charlie took a close look, thought about home grown tomatoes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0C4FOL1qIw and when he started to weep, I got him out of there.

I took him to the shop and the first thing he noted was "That reloading press is not getting enough work". I agreed and we loaded a few rounds for the 1894c.

Charlie distracted me by saying those 125 gr XTPs are so old the price tag says $9.10, and while I was checking to make sure he was right, he dashed across the shop and jumped up on the big sliding compound miter saw thinking it was a cool amusement park ride or some such.

We talked seriously about safety around all kinds of tools, not just guns. He pouted momentarily and we decided to call it a nite. More adventures tomorrow! John and Charlie
    "Windage and elevation, Mrs Langdon. Always remember, windage and elevation!" John Wayne as John Henry Thomas in The Undefeated

Contributing Member
    Member #

Looks like yall had a great time John. Dont know how youll top todays time yall had.Yall be careful now.
    Quick question,How long ago was that heat stroke episode?
    Gunrunner,,
    Guns dont kill people.Dads with pretty Daughters do..

Member #

Nice pics John. Shoot me a PM when you get a chance and I'll let you know who is next in line when you're done. At this rate, Charlie will be a world wide traveler in no time!

Member #

Well, last nite when it came time to retire, we offered Charlie a comfortable bed, but he explained that he'd be much more comfortable in his normal resting place, so up on the 1894c he went to spend the nite!

When I got up this morning Charlie was already on top of the rain gauge so I could see that his rain dance worked. I asked him to teach me the dance, but he told me my nose was too pointed and my legs were too long to do a proper rain dance. Hey 1/2" is a good start!

I got Charlie a cup of coffee as a way to say thanks. He said "Thanks but that's not my cup of tea!" I was shocked until he explained it couldn't be because "It's my cup of coffee". I groaned forgetting that a groan is applause for a bad joke. Charlie told me that it was known as a "Chuck Yuk" and that he had been taking a nite course with Randy (gunrunner) on how to tell bad jokes He then set out to meet some of the local fauna -- alpha female attack cat Jalapena and 2 yr old jenny named Juice.

Charlie said Juice reminded him of one of his old girlfriends (not the look so much as the breath :P)
    Then he wanted to see some guns. First the local lever action family

He was very concerned I had no 30-30. Explained I was looking like crazy for a decent one at a decent price but would probably have to wait 'til after hunting season.

Then some of the handguns -- two nice S&Ws and two nice Rugers and a cheesehead cowboy hat just in case Roe (Barenjager) happened to look in to see what was going on! Go Pack

Then we decided to go squirrel hunting -- Charlie opined that he'd a lot rather go squirrel shooting Here we are discussing tactics. He said "I think you need a bigger gun. Heck Wind shoots 'em at 400 yards with one of the dash thingies and John (Planeflyer21) tears 'em up with a MaDeuce!"

Then after sunset, got a picture of Charlie looking at a TX moon! It's blurry because I was kinda teary knowing I had to send my new friend on to visit an old friend. Hope Charlie enjoyed the stay as much as we enjoyed having him. Later, John
    "Windage and elevation, Mrs Langdon. Always remember, windage and elevation!" John Wayne as John Henry Thomas in The Undefeated

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links