Am I The Only One

Certified Gunnut
    Member #

Am I The Only One

Hello Riflemen-that may defer the opening of bear season because of the heat? It may just be too hot for me to hunt in the woods August 1. It's so hot that my premium bullets are melting in my barrel if I don't shoot em quick. Right now I would be forced to carry a cartridge in an insulated pack and load it after I found a shot. I opened my cooler today at noon to grab a Pepsi and one of the ice cubes caught fire for crying out loud. The river guides are carrying fire extinguishers to put out their oar tips when they catch fire in this heat :? We're using propane boat heaters to keep cool enough in the drift boats to fish. Damdust thang to hit here abouts since this winter freeze froze our campfire flames solid until the mid april thaw.

I may choose to fish next week and only enter the woods to set the trail camera. I have not got a picture of a bear yet though they are about. Maybe I'm moving the camera too much? I have not been to the lonesome spring yet this year because of this heat. Maybe a hike in before daylight and get the heck out of that hole before the unbearable heat kicks in ought to be my plan. Leave the trail camera for a week or so and see whats eating the turkeys and ranch dogs this year Life is good, BestLever
    Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us." Life is good, BestLever

Certified Gunnut
    Member #

Am I The Only One

Too damn hot, Bestlever. I like waiting till grouse opens before walking around (even then, it's still too hot).
    Tuba Players Have BIG Brass Ones

That Sound You Hear In The Woods While Hunting Is Deer Laughing.....

Deadeye
    Member #

Am I The Only One

As some know I am not one who likes heat at all. This is one of the factors that helped put an end to my Bowhunting. During archery season I was always worried about getting any any animal that I shot out and cooled down fast enough. I'll take a -10° day before a 60° day everytime when it comes to hunting.
    live by the 3-F's Faith, Family, & Firearms.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Master
    Member #

Am I The Only One

I agree with Wyo.I hate the heat and hunting besides the Bee's,theres the meat to worry about although when we do, do it,we take 100 quart coolers with ice in them to help out.Works pretty good if you don't get it down to far back.

Jayco
    Howdy Boys.

Gunfighter
    Member #

Am I The Only One

me too!... i hate the heat...anything over 20'cel is hard on me!.....i do not take any time off from work in the summer, i just take off time in the spring and fall...off course i can't hunt any thing in the middle of summer either!! :lol: ....larry
    The Slow Blade Penetrates The Shield!...DUNE

Marlin 45-70 GG shooting 550 grain(1530 fps) hard cast!..why shoot APPLES from a PUMKIN gun??

Certified Gunnut
    Member #

Am I The Only One

Hello Riflemen-I'm going to monitor my trail cam for awhile and take advantage of the reports I received about the big fall kings that are arriving. these fish are the big boys, hang out in the holes and take their time moving upriver. Unlike their spring cousins who act like cruise missils on their way to the headwaters. The fall chinook are bitters as well. COME! Life is good, BestLever
    Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us." Life is good, BestLever

Contributing Member
    Member #

Am I The Only One

90's here during the day and only into the 70's or high 60's at night. The bear is getting a break until the weather cools a bit.

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

Am I The Only One

Bestlever better take your GG to hang on your shoulder while you fish, or at least a large caliber handgun so you don't become a bear sammich in that prime bear hunting area.
    BOT GBUSA, Charter member team 444.
    Life member NRA, Life member WAC.

Wrangler
    Member #

Am I The Only One

Quote Originally Posted by M700
    90's here during the day and only into the 70's or high 60's at night. The bear is getting a break until the weather cools a bit.
    I can't ever remember a day that hot, in your area. What the hell is up?

Bill
    RA life Member.

Former Marlin Talk member.

There are just so many things our liberal friends know, that are just not so. Ronald Reagan - 1964

Certified Gunnut
    Member #

Am I The Only One

105-108 several days in a row. day after day over 100F.

I actually do see a bear on the river from time to time. I have seen a couple swim the river while I was drift fishing. In the canyon the black bears become a camping problem as the salmon die off after they spawn. These particular bears are protected and think nothing of coming for dinner or just to rustle about. Protected as they are I take every precaution normally taken in bear country and always have my shootin iron close to hand. Lots of encounters with folk happen but bears there don't seem to prefer Rifleman sammich much :lol: Spoilt on salmon I suspect. Life is good, BestLever

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links