+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37


  1. #11
    Tenderfoot
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    5
    Member #
    18239

    Re: Marlin / Remington factory service. Stellar!!

    My apologies for being slow to respond. I'm traveling and won't be back home for a week. Will post some pics when I get back.

    Yes, the rifles shipped to Ilion, NY. Both rifles had very light corrosion spots on the triggers and levers but nowhere else. The .22 magazine plunger wasn't as smooth as I'd like so I sent in both rifles to Marlin with a request to inspect and repair anything needed. When I called them I anticipated I'd be referred to a service center but that wasn't the case. They had me ship the rifle set to NY.

    The 30-30 was straight forward--replaced the trigger and lever. About $45 if I remember correctly. The .22 also had the trigger and lever replaced as well as the magazine tube. When I inquired at Marlin/Remington about the tube the customer service rep told me the gunsmith was building/cutting a new one for me. Price on the .22 was about $80. The woman I was speaking with told me that one of their very best Marlin gunsmiths was working on my rifles. Don't know who he is, but I like him!

    I'm giving the rifle set to my daughter and son-in-law at some point in the near future and I wanted the rifles to be as perfect as possible for 40 year-old Marlins. I got both of them into handguns (another incurable disease like Marlinitis), made sure they got their CHLs (TX) and soon I'll be bringing them into the insanity of Marlin ownership. I've thought of introducing them to this forum, but they are young,... they deserve to start their family and live a little first.

    What most impressed me with this experience was the help I received from customer service. No long hold times, no hassles, just fantastic service. I received very quick answers to questions and they were amazingly accommodating with respect to my shipping needs. An online link was provided so I could check the status of the rifles from receiving, repair and shipping. I also thought the pricing was more than fair.

    Honestly, it was probably the best customer service experience I've had in a decade. The woman helping me, Lisa, went way beyond the standard to make sure my rifles and me were taken care of.

    Pictures to follow in a week,...


    Freedom, liberty and Marlins--all should be passed along to the next generation with exquisite care and thoughtful consideration.

  2. #12
    Marlin Marksman
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,962
    Member #
    9854
    Thanked
    578 times

    Re: Marlin / Remington factory service. Stellar!!

    After reading this description from an auction, I have one word. PICTURES!!!!!!! Or we'll send someone to hunt you down.

    Marlin Centennial Matched Pair "Brace of 1000".
    Presentation Models 39 and 336, .22 long rifle cal. and .30-30 cal. lever action carbines. Stunning pair of Presentation Grade levers - one in .22 cal. and one in .30-30 cal. - to commemorate Marlin's 100th Anniversary (1870-1970). Limited to only 1000 sets. Beautifully rendered with receivers silver engraved by masters Robert Kain and Winston Churchill. Fancy XXX wood with very impressive looking burl and feathering and finished in a satin rub. Both guns are 20" carbines with octagon barrels, gold trigger, vintage rear sights, front blades, brass buttplates and forearm caps. Both guns are marked on barrel as "Presentation" models and are engraved "Brace of One Thousand". Marlin brass 1870-1970 medallion on left side of receiver on both guns. Hard cased in a green clothe presentation box.


    Everybody chant: We want PICTURES . . .We want PICTURES . . .We want PICTURES

    Here's a picture of a pair that was sold at an auction. (pic too big for the forum)
    http://www.kramersales.com/images/Fi...rlinBrace1.jpg

    LUCKY kids, You wanna adopt me?

  3. #13
    Team 45/70 Co-Capt'n Contributing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NEPA
    Posts
    7,879
    Member #
    8273
    Thanked
    2803 times

    Re: Marlin / Remington factory service. Stellar!!

    WELL THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is totally oposite from reports in past weeks! Like night and day! Hmmm somethin seems strange. Don't mind me. I'm just not too optomistic about Remington right now. It would take quite a few more similar posts from others before I would let them replace a screw. Sorry, but we all been hit hard...right in the Marlins!

    Why do some guns go to authorized shops and some go to Remington??

    Motoair...first post! Hope ya stick around and don't fade away!
    Lou

    Quote...
    "Marlin is gone forever. All that remains is the Trademark Marlin name that someone put's on their inferior products!" LEVER ADDICT

    Team 45-70 #3 Team 44-40 #5
    Team 35 #327 Team 30-30 #340
    Team 38-55 #2 Team 1894 #273

  4. #14
    High Priest of the Powder Hoarders Contributing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Coastal Missouri across the water from The PRI.
    Posts
    17,066
    Member #
    287
    Thanked
    6795 times

    Re: Marlin / Remington factory service. Stellar!!

    My quick impression is that if you're paying Remlin to do work for you, especially on a set of heirlooms, they'll treat you like they should. I'm also of the impression that if you buy a new gun that isn't perfect, they'll get around to fixing it eventually. After all, you already bought the gun, therefore you're no longer a paying customer.

    This transition is far from over. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out farther down the road.
    "There is a fine line between a hobby and Mental Illness". Dave Barry

    Team 1894 #4
    Team 45-70 #847
    Team 375 #27

  5. #15
    Site Contibutor Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Norwalk, CT
    Posts
    12,095
    Member #
    64
    Thanked
    448 times

    Re: Marlin / Remington factory service. Stellar!!

    Quote Originally Posted by MotoAir
    My apologies for being slow to respond. I'm traveling and won't be back home for a week. Will post some pics when I get back.

    Yes, the rifles shipped to Ilion, NY. Both rifles had very light corrosion spots on the triggers and levers but nowhere else. The .22 magazine plunger wasn't as smooth as I'd like so I sent in both rifles to Marlin with a request to inspect and repair anything needed. When I called them I anticipated I'd be referred to a service center but that wasn't the case. They had me ship the rifle set to NY.

    The 30-30 was straight forward--replaced the trigger and lever. About $45 if I remember correctly. The .22 also had the trigger and lever replaced as well as the magazine tube. When I inquired at Marlin/Remington about the tube the customer service rep told me the gunsmith was building/cutting a new one for me. Price on the .22 was about $80. The woman I was speaking with told me that one of their very best Marlin gunsmiths was working on my rifles. Don't know who he is, but I like him!

    I'm giving the rifle set to my daughter and son-in-law at some point in the near future and I wanted the rifles to be as perfect as possible for 40 year-old Marlins. I got both of them into handguns (another incurable disease like Marlinitis), made sure they got their CHLs (TX) and soon I'll be bringing them into the insanity of Marlin ownership. I've thought of introducing them to this forum, but they are young,... they deserve to start their family and live a little first.

    What most impressed me with this experience was the help I received from customer service. No long hold times, no hassles, just fantastic service. I received very quick answers to questions and they were amazingly accommodating with respect to my shipping needs. An online link was provided so I could check the status of the rifles from receiving, repair and shipping. I also thought the pricing was more than fair.

    Honestly, it was probably the best customer service experience I've had in a decade. The woman helping me, Lisa, went way beyond the standard to make sure my rifles and me were taken care of.

    Pictures to follow in a week,...


    Thanks for the clarification! Sounds good from here, I'm just very surprised because many have been referred to authorized repair centers. Congrats & welcome to Marlin Owners!
    Ken,

    http://photobucket.com/albums/a186/Leverdude/
    Team 1894 member#146
    Team 45/70 member#458
    Freedoms not free!
    Support your NRA!

  6. #16
    Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    E. Washington
    Posts
    11,658
    Member #
    7674
    Thanked
    6399 times

    Re: Marlin / Remington factory service. Stellar!!

    Glad all went well for you and welcome to MO.

  7. #17
    Tenderfoot
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    5
    Member #
    18239

    Re: Marlin / Remington factory service. Stellar!!

    Thank you for the warm welcome. I've lurked on this site for endless hours gleaning information from people who amaze me with their knowledge of the Marlins. In fact, it was on this forum that I learned of the Brace of One Thousand.

    My first Marlin was a new 1967 39A Mountie which, as mentioned before, was given to me by my father for my 10th birthday. Though he passed away over 20 years ago, I remember that day and the fun we had target shooting together like it was yesterday. I still love shooting that rifle and every pull of the lever takes me back to fond memories of being with an amazing father.

    I am acquiring Marlins for my use and enjoyment; however, I really look at these rifles as a piece of American history that I want to pass along to my daughters, their husbands and children. Freedom, liberty and Marlins--all should be passed along to the next generation with exquisite care and thoughtful consideration.

    Will get some pictures posted when I get home next weekend.

    Thanks again to all.

    John
    Freedom, liberty and Marlins--all should be passed along to the next generation with exquisite care and thoughtful consideration.

  8. #18
    Wrangler
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Duluth, MN
    Posts
    268
    Member #
    18505
    Thanked
    2 times

    Re: Marlin / Remington factory service. Stellar!!

    Maybe there's hope yet for Cerebus and the new and expanding Remington family of firearms.
    Team .45/70 Member #151

  9. #19
    Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Connecticut, the (un)Constitution State
    Posts
    1,516
    Member #
    13163
    Thanked
    189 times

    Re: Marlin / Remington factory service. Stellar!!

    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn
    My quick impression is that if you're paying Remlin to do work for you, especially on a set of heirlooms, they'll treat you like they should.
    It's good to hear that they are providing this service, based on MotoAir's report.

    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn
    I'm also of the impression that if you buy a new gun that isn't perfect, they'll get around to fixing it eventually. After all, you already bought the gun, therefore you're no longer a paying customer.
    I believe this is the current business doctrine in much of our society. :P

    Welcome to the forum MotoAir and thanks for the reports.
    Team 444 member #256
    2nd Bn/10th Marines '88-'92

  10. #20
    Team 45/70 Co-Capt'n Contributing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NEPA
    Posts
    7,879
    Member #
    8273
    Thanked
    2803 times

    Re: Marlin / Remington factory service. Stellar!!

    Pics? I want to see the Brace of 1000!
    Lou

    Quote...
    "Marlin is gone forever. All that remains is the Trademark Marlin name that someone put's on their inferior products!" LEVER ADDICT

    Team 45-70 #3 Team 44-40 #5
    Team 35 #327 Team 30-30 #340
    Team 38-55 #2 Team 1894 #273


Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

marlin 1870 1970 brace of 1000
,
marlin 1870 model 336 restoration
,
marlin 30-30- 22 rifle match set brace of a thousand
,
marlin 444 1970 centennial
,
marlin centennial 1870-1970 commemorative,
,

marlin firearms repair center

,
marlin model 39a remington
,
marlin remington
,
marlin remington factory
,

marlin repair center

,

marlin repair centers

,
marlin rifle repair center
,
where are authorized remington gun repair centers in central texas
Click on a term to search for related topics.