+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Distinguished Master
    Member #

Two campers and there dog shot to death in Oregon.

Is it safe out there anymore?Two legged or four legged critters killing outdoorsman left and right.Time to put one in the barrel of the old levergun for the unthinkable.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OAKRIDGE, Ore. - Police investigating the killing of a former St. Regis couple in a remote wooded area are asking for the help of campers who may have seen them.
    Stevan Haugen, 54, an Oakridge middle school counselor, was found dead Friday afternoon near a campsite alongside his girlfriend, Jeanette Bauman, 56, a teacher. Haugen's dog was also found dead.
    The couple was shot to death, officials said.

Melinda Kletzok, a spokeswoman for the Lane County Sheriff's Office, said police are asking for the public's help - specifically from campers who were in the Camper's Flat area near Oakridge late last week.
    The license plates were removed from Haugen's vehicle, and police believe whoever shot the couple took the plates. Drivers who spot the plates - which have the number CL47763 - are asked to call 9-1-1.

The death of the couple - who are both from Montana - is being investigated as a double homicide.

Haugen taught reading and coached track at Westridge Middle School in Oakridge, said Principal Gary Stevenson. Haugen was born and raised in Kalispell. He had worked as an outdoor guide in Montana and as a recreation director in Park City, Utah. He had also worked in the St. Regis School District in Montana from 1997 to 2003.

Bauman lived in Power, north of Great Falls, from 1984 to 1998, where she served two terms on the school board and helped raise money for the town's football, track and baseball complex, area residents said.

After earning her teaching degree, Bauman moved to St. Regis, where she taught high school business classes from 2000 to 2003. Bauman had recently moved to Oakridge to work as a teacher, having previously worked in Longview, Wash.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its getting pretty bad out there.You can't even go camping anymore without some idiot on a murder spree..Who can you trust?

Jayco
    Howdy Boys.

Deadeye
    Member #

It is getting pretty bad out there! Grammatical errors in a newspaper text. Does that rag even have an editor?
    ww.indianapredatorcentral.com

"...it is the man behind the gun that makes the difference. An inch or two in trajectory or a second or two in rapidity of fire is as nothing compared to sureness of eye and steadiness of hand." -- Teddy Roosevelt

Grizz_

There oughta be a law:

All non-criminal adults MUST carry firearms. At least the score would have been closer to even.

Grizz

Certified Gunnut
    Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz_
    There oughta be a law:

All non-criminal adults MUST carry firearms. At least the score would have been closer to even.

Grizz
    I always refer people to Kennesaw, Georgia....they have that law. Crime took a dive and has stayed down. It's not like it used to be. Drugs are to blame
    Tuba Players Have BIG Brass Ones

That Sound You Hear In The Woods While Hunting Is Deer Laughing.....

Banned
    Member #

I wonder who's drug patch or manufacturing setup they wandered close to.

Certified Gunnut
    Member #

Hello Riiflemen-Sad story. I wish that a regular tv public announcement would be made that it has never been and will never be safe on this planet. And encourage folks to take responsibility for their own saftey as a first line defense. Include in very small letters at the bottom of the screen a memo about dialing 911 as a clean up crew. It hurts deeply when I hear about good folks getting killed without a good accounting of themselves. It's unfortunate but I think true that everyone should be prepared for a fight. those of us who do try to secure our own safety are often seen as radicals or paranoid or in some other negative light. Life is hard but it is good, BestLever
    Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us." Life is good, BestLever

Deadeye
    Member #

Amen, BL! Maybe we won't be seen as radicals after the upcoming "reconstruction". It is coming fellas- Sooner than we'd like to think, unfortunately. Remember that England thought of our founding fathers as radicals and crazies, too.
    ALL THE WAY!!!

Deadeye
    Member #

I get chided all the time about how I have a gun of some sort with me no matter what! But it's good chiding as my family is of basically the same mind but just doesn't carry it to the extent I do!

My motto for life (w/ respect to being prepared) is:
    "Never EVER go under-gunned - Ever!" And not having a gun with you at ALL times is definitely Under-gunned!!!

Also, trust NO ONE unless they EARN it. Trust should not be given freely or bought or gained in any other way except EARNED ! ! !

Live by those two philosophies and you'll be just fine the way I see it!

Wrangler
    Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Kart29
    It is getting pretty bad out there! Grammatical errors in a newspaper text. Does that rag even have an editor?

no there weren't. What were the errors?
    gt;&lt)))*> ~~~*~~~ Don't Feed the TROLLS ~~~*~~~ <*))))><
    Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. ~~~ Dave von Kleist

Wrangler
    Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy1
    Amen, BL! Maybe we won't be seen as radicals after the upcoming "reconstruction". It is coming fellas- Sooner than we'd like to think, unfortunately. Remember that England thought of our founding fathers as radicals and crazies, too.
    Ah ha! Would that "reconstruction" be the NWO takeover you are referring to? Or something else?
    gt;&lt)))*> ~~~*~~~ Don't Feed the TROLLS ~~~*~~~ <*))))><
    Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. ~~~ Dave von Kleist

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links