+ Reply to Thread

Site Contributor - Team Marlin Express Capt'n Super Moderator
    Member #

MDM Muzzleloaders

I know there are some folks kicking around the idea of getting a muzzleloader. Let me tell you about my experience with MDM.

MDM Buckwacka mags are made in Vermont by a small company from what I understand. The times I have called I have spoke with Craig, and I gather he is the head honcho. Not too often you get to call a company and accually speak with the "Boss".

Anyway, I had gotten a rifle from Cabela's. It was the Buckwacka Magnum and it wouldnt group to save your life. I got frustrated and called the company. I spoke with a gal on the phone, she then put me through to Craig. He gave me some ideas to try, it still didnt work, so I called back. Spoke with Craig again. He told me that he was very sorry about the rifle and that he would go out and pull one off the line and take it out and shoot him self and send me a new rifle. AND they would issue a will call with UPS for the other rifle, which ment that they picked up the shipping on both rifles. My new rifle was in hand with in a few days, with the target that he shot AND power belt bullets to replace what I had used trying to get the other rifle to shoot. This was 2 years ago.

It doesnt end there. I spoke with Craig a couple days ago. I had used a 1X scope and found them to be worthless and went back to the open sights. It comes with Williams Fire Sights standard on the rifle, anyway I moved the rear sight back to use as a reciever sight but didnt want the V notch, I wanted an apature sight. Craig said he would just send me out the apature and I could just send back the V notch when the new sight came in.

Not only do these folks build a quality gun, but they back it up, and are really great to deal with!! I would buy another one of their guns in a heart beat. The design is like a break open single shot shotgun. Easy to use, easy to clean and most of all accurate.

Give them a look if you are thinking about an inline.

PS. I dont work for them or anything like that. I just think that often times we hear when someone has a bad experience with a company. I think it important for people to hear about a company that strives to do it right.
    IN MEMORY OF PFC JEFFREY ALAN AVERY, 571st MP CO, KILLED IN ACTION 23 APR 07, AGE 19, MUQUDADIYAH, IRAQ.

Deadeye
    Member #

MDM Muzzleloaders

I have my choices narrowed down to 3 rifles.I'm leaning towards a
    knight rifle.I'm waiting on natchez to send me a flyer on blackpowder rifles.Glad to hear a company stood behind their product.
    NRA Member

Site Contributor - Team Marlin Express Capt'n Super Moderator
    Member #

MDM Muzzleloaders

I just got the apature sight in the mail today. I had spoke with Craig On Monday.

You migh check these out

http://www.emainehosting.com/mdm-muz...ders/index.htm

I might add that if you have seen the new Dyno-core magnum bullets, it was MDM that designed them.
    IN MEMORY OF PFC JEFFREY ALAN AVERY, 571st MP CO, KILLED IN ACTION 23 APR 07, AGE 19, MUQUDADIYAH, IRAQ.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links