+ Reply to Thread

Nanook 450

Where is David R. Clay - Gunsmith???

Used to find him at www.drccustomguns.com he's no where to be found with my searches, etc.

There is a DRC 50 Alaskan on the consignment rack in Okla. City - $2000 bucks - man says he's got $3000 in it. I don't have the money, trying to con my old Dad into buying this rifle. Need to get some info from the website and mail it to him - he does not use computers. . .

Held that rifle last night - long hexagonal barrel, extended mag tube, take down rifle, amazing trigger, mercury insert, muzzel break - looks like a custom finish - not one scratch on it, ghost ring sights with a very tall fron sight.

Any help finding David R. Clay, or his website would be appreciated.

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

Nanook, someone has been selling a lot of his levers and mag. followers on ebay , the ad makes it sound like its comming from DRC. right now all they have listed is a mag. follower . If you go to ebay and type in # 3690446244 in the search you will find the listing. On the right side of the page is a place to ask the seller a question, it might be worth a try. HYDE
    HYDE

Wrangler
    Member #

The last known phone number for DRC Custom Guns in Arlington, Texas is (817) 465-7338. You might want to give it a try or enter his name in a phone number seach of Arlington, Texas on AnyWho.com.
    quot;The Constitution does not say Government shall decree the right to bear arms, the Constitution says the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". - Ronald Reagan

Nanook 450

David R. Clay is at 817 783 6099 - spoke to him a minute ago, the website is being rebuilt, will be the same web address - he's building a new shop also. Said he knew the man that had that 50 Alaskan built - bottom line, it was $2,300 on the customer supplied rifle. The takedown feature alone is $780 - includes a mag-tub that can stay loaded when broken apart.

Told the place that has it on consignment that I'd give $1,000 for it - some friends at a gun show advised that although a custom gun cost $3000 that seller should not expect to get more than $900 - $1000 because 1. its custom and only 1 - 100,000 would be in the market for that gun and 2. its a used rifle.

I could have a 50 Alaskan done for around $1,500 plus my rifle, without the take down feature . . .

Will see what happens.

Banned
    Member #

David Clay
    DRC Armaments
    4201 E. Renfro Rd.
    Alvarado, TX 76009
    (817)-783-6099 (10am-5pm Mom-Fri)

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links