+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: how many guns

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Tom,

I totally understand what you are saying and where you are coming from.

Take care.

Cate
    Tomray and gunrunner like this.
    Catherine

Matthew 7:6

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Thats what I do not get, are these guys Limings? Why would anyone stand in line to comply with gun and equipment registration. Their is no way for CT. to regulate or manage the gun owners, unless you register the firearms.

This is pure stupidity on their part, some laws were made to ignore, this is one of them..I can not believe these folks relatives initiated the American Revolution....man have they slid along way down the slippery slide. Just plain dumb.
    msharley likes this.

"He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

Thomas Jefferson

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Idaho or Oklahoma, and NOT depending on the weather
    Member #
    Tomray... good on you mate for putting action where your words are. I'm not from CT but I'm glad I know someone like you who is. I seldom complain where I have not also written letters or made phone calls. It is critical and if most of those who shake there heads in wonder where lighting up the lines I do think it would help!!

Catherine, You are a dear and I've always known your posts to reflect that. But I do have to say, "I find it odd that it always seems to be the left we have to show up for at meetings - in order to restrain their wonderful inclination at reform, for first one thing then the other... and then another, never really satisfied are they. I don't find that to be nearly so true of the FAR right, or any flavor of the right. Therefore I find the FAR right far less scary than the far left... or any flavor of left!
    Tomray and Catherine like this.
    John

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Thats what the Feds what you to worry about, what laws I might be breaking, there are to many to know them all. It works the same way with audits from the IRS, they have their own tax lawyers and Tax court. The American citizenry can not get a fair shake. That being said, our gun rights supersede any gun law on the books. We look to the constitution for its rule of law, the 2nd amendment is very clear about gun rights.

The gun rights issue will continue to be a flash point until Zippy leaves the White House. Until that happens, I use the God Father Axiom, Never tell anyone what you are thinking about, keep it between you and close family, and never brag about how much powder, bullets, casings, hulls, led and primers you have. Also not listing the number of firearms you have in your home is another good resistance action you can take.
    Last edited by Deadwood Pike; 01-06-2014 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Spelling
    msharley likes this.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

Thomas Jefferson

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwood Pike View Post
    Thats what I do not get, are these guys Limings? Why would anyone stand in line to comply with gun and equipment registration. Their is no way for CT. to regulate or manage the gun owners, unless you register the firearms.

This is pure stupidity on their part, some laws were made to ignore, this is one of them..I can not believe these folks relatives initiated the American Revolution....man have they slid along way down the slippery slide. Just plain dumb.
    Deadwood Pike,

No disrespect, but thats BIG TALK from a man who is not (yet) involved in the fight......

Limings?..... I think you mean Lemmings..........

Wait a bit..............Good NEW things may come to your state of SC in the future, too.....(it's almost inevitable)........and when they do,.................I won't ridicule the SC gun owners............

Tom
    Catherine likes this.
    NRA LIFE
    CCDL

Treat others the way you want to be treated.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    First, what makes you think that I am not in the fight, that is a very personal affront?

Last year in South Carolina the State Legislator passed a new law defining Mental Defect, for a $#1,000,000 grant to study gun control registration. The mental defect definition is now very broad and can be adjudicated by a probate judge, the lowest of the low in our judicial system. If you are found to be a mental defect, you are placed in the Federal National Database as mentally ill. You will never own a weapon again, and your firearms will be taken from you.

I gave money, time and talent to try to ensure the defeat of that law, we were unsuccessful, but the Legislators knows who fought them and who will continue to fight them. So its rather presumptuous to assume someone is not in the fight, when you do not know them.

I am sorry, but things junk and stuff is not worth complying with any gun control registration law. If your stuff is in danger, move things, junk and stuff to a family member or trusted friend who is out of the governing state. If you think that compliance is mandatory because of a job, then you are in the wrong profession. No one has to comply with gun control laws, that is a choice you maje, and every thing else is an excuse. If Americans are willing to sacrifice their things, junk and stuff for gun registration, then its to late to help any of us.

As we have seen with Obama Care, the Feds can force you to purchase things, junk and stuff, or charge you a penalty for non-compliance. Their emanate domain laws can now force you out of property you own for some ridiculous price.

If the Feds and State Government can force you to buy stuff (perhaps Tea?), eliminate your lively hood or take you property, we are right back to 1776.
    I for one do not like repeating history, I like to learn from it. Right now in America, we are not learning from history, we are doomed to repeat the sorrow and death that freed this nation, or kiss it good by.

Patric Henry made a very astute observation, "Give me Liberty or Give me Death." None of our fore fathers said I will comply with King George so I keep my things junk and stuff, those who did were torries and traitors. But again, that was a choice, no one made them comply with the Tea Tax, it was a choice. No one will force you to comply with gun control laws, it will be your choice. If you choose compliance to retain things, junk,. and stuff, it will be taken from you eventually and you will have lost anyway.
    Last edited by Deadwood Pike; 01-04-2014 at 11:47 AM.
    gunrunner and msharley like this.

Thomas Jefferson

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    TOMRAY I feel your situation. Here where I live the same is not happening . And for that I am truley thankful. I sit here and contiplate the action I would take and its not easy. We all want what is best for our family. We want to live a comfortable life. free of fear of jail, fines, or what ever may come that is bad. I have lived at the edge of , lets call it being a out law. I do whats right in my eyes, and many timkes I am condemed by others, and at the same time glorified by some. The day a man can handle his own business is going fast. I do think that what is going on in your state is not good for us as gun owners. Ive always heard you cant eat a elephant all at once, but you can one bite at a time. I think that is whats going on in your state. A man that has a family I beleive will be more likely to abide in the new laws than a man that doesnt have the worry of family. Its a shame we are put in these spots to do what we my think is just wrong to be able to main tain for family. and not worry about what not doing will bring. My prayers are with you and all the others in your state. This is just my two cents here. If I was in your situation I might not be able to count real good.
    Team 30/30 #547
    Team 60 #104
    Team 45/70 #764
    Team 39 #251
    Team Old Pharts #188
    Team Shotguns #52
    Team Mauser #13

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwood Pike View Post
    First, what makes you think that I am not in the fight, that is a very personal affront?

Last year in South Carolina the State Legislator passed a new law defining Mental Defect, for a $#1,000,000 grant to study gun control registration. The mental defect definition is now very broad and can be adjudicated by a probate judge, the lowest of the low in our judicial system. If you are found to be a mental defect, you are placed in the Federal National Database as mentally ill. You will never own a weapon again, and your firearms will be taken from you.

I gave money, time and talent to try to ensure the defeat of that law, we were unsuccessful, but the Legislators knows who fought them and who will continue to fight them. So its rather presumptuous to assume someone is not in the fight, when you do not know them.

I am sorry, but things junk and stuff is not worth complying with any gun control registration law. If your stuff is in danger, move things, junk and stuff to a family member or trusted friend who is out of the governing state. If you think that compliance is mandatory because of a job, then you are in the wrong profession. No one has to comply with gun control laws, that is a choice you maje, and every thing else is an excuse. If Americans are willing to sacrifice their things, junk and stuff for gun registration, then its to late to help any of us.

As we have seen with Obama Care, the Feds can force you to purchase things, junk and stuff, or charge you a penalty for non-compliance. Their emanate domain laws can now force you out of property you own for some ridiculous price.

If the Feds and State Government can force you to buy stuff (perhaps Tea?), eliminate your lively hood or take you property, we are right back to 1776.
    I for one do not like repeating history, I like to learn from it. Right now in America, we are not learning from history, we are doomed to repeat the sorrow and death that freed this nation, or kiss it good by.

Patric Henry made a very astute observation, "Give me Liberty or Give me Death." None of our fore fathers said I will comply with King George so I keep my things junk and stuff, those who did were torries and traitors. But again, that was a choice, no one made them comply with the Tea Tax, it was a choice. No one will force you to comply with gun control laws, it will be your choice. If you choose compliance to retain things, junk,. and stuff, it will be taken from you eventually and you will have lost anyway.
    Deadwood Pike,

Maybe I need to apologize some.......

when I said "thats BIG TALK from a man who is not (yet) involved in the fight"......I meant MY fight, here in CT.

You made No mention of you doing anything of this nature in SC..........How was I to know anything about what you have done there........Thanks for your effort.

In a sense, we are both involved in the very SAME fight, so it does us no good to be poking eachother........

You mention me "moving things out of state".............everybody talks about that, but in truth............those things are then in my name, but OUT of my control........not a good feeling for me.

You mention Moving OUT of CT....Yup thats on the radar here........I'm just waiting for my wife to retire.........

Yup.......... I give Money, and Time also, to causes that are dear to me.....Some might even say I give talant too, but I won't go that far........

I'll be in Hartford in the Court room on the 30th to hear the arguments.......and I'll praying we are sucessful...............

Tom
    NRA LIFE
    CCDL

Treat others the way you want to be treated.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by zaksgod View Post
    just wondered how many is too many in the us.having just got my sgc and fac and being limited to the ammount of guns i can own by the size of my gun cabinet.is it the same for you or once you have an fac are you restricted to how many you can fit in your cabinet and by what caliber you have been granted on your licence.here in the uk you have to say what caliber you want and justify reason for ownership and how many guns you want plus you have to state how much ammunition you would like also.for me i asked for two .22,s and one .357 and that i wanted to be able to buy 1000 rounds of .22 and hold 1250 rounds of .22,.357 was to buy 200 rounds and to hold 250 rounds.we have to state what competitions the guns are used for or if we intend to shoot live quarry,then the land has to checked to be suitable to shoot whatever caliber you have requested.also over here they get a bit uneasy if you have 10 or more guns and will usually ask for more security like more locks and alarms

To try and bring this back to what the OP was asking, I can say this...

While state laws vary slightly, in my state (PA) an individual may legally purchase long guns (anything that is not a pistol/handgun by legal definition) from other individuals who also reside in this state "FTF" (face to face) with nobody else involved in the process. Wanna pay for that in cash, check, money order, spare change? No problem. Wanna trade chickens, Star Wars action figures, or spare ammo for it? Whatever works for you. As long as you have no reason to believe the buyer is a prohibited person, you are good to go.
    You can actually complete a transaction without even meeting FTF. Long guns can legally be mailed via the United States Postal Service from one individual to another within this state. (note that due to FEDERAL regulations, all sales between persons living in separate states require a "transfer" through an FFL (gun shop) in the buyer's state)
    Mail your payment to the seller, he mails your long gun, and the postal carrier delivers it to your door. (Best sent insured and w/delivery confirmation for obvious reasons)

There are thousands upon thousands upon THOUSANDS of long guns in this state that have no way of being "tracked" to the current owner.
    I don't know how long this practice will continue, but I like to do my part in making it "none of their effing business what I own" and make an effort to buy from sellers in my state when possible. I do own rifles that I wanted, but could not find "locally", so I bought them at a gun shop, but I believe that number is around "three" total.
    That said, they know about ALL of my handguns, because those are required to be "transferred" via an FFL. While we do not have "registration", there IS a record made of all handgun sales/transfers that goes to the state police. Per law, they are required to destroy such records after "x" many years, but they found a loophole to avoid doing so. It gets complicated, but that's the condensed version.

THAT said, in this state, firearms - including handguns - can be "gifted" from parent to child, grandparent to child, husband to wife, and in reverse for each example - all without any paperwork needed. (But not between siblings for some reason)

There's no "asking permission" to buy ammunition. Just buy it. As much of it as you want. As often as you want. Cash, check, credit card, or trade.
    As the saying goes - the only times you can have too much ammo is if you're swimming, or on fire.
    We can buy ammo at a gun shop, from an online retailer, or at a department store. We can buy, sell, or trade it freely between individuals as well.
    I just bought a Marlin with cash from a private seller and to cover that purchase (since I didn't really have enough money), I posted some ammo for sale on a gun forum and went and sold it to a guy who lives near me.

Aside from online purchases (God bless America ), I pay cash for the majority of my ammo purchases. Am I being "sneaky" because I'm doing something illegal? No, I just don't think anyone looking at my transaction records needs to know what, and how much ammo I buy.

You have no idea how many LEGAL gun/ammo transactions occur on a daily basis that the government is unaware of - and the government doesn't NEED to know how many occur as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for starting this thread. It gives us a perspective that we may not have considered before and you also learn a bit about the way things work "over here".
    Last edited by Emptymag; 01-04-2014 at 03:17 PM.
    msharley likes this.

Wrangler
    Member #
    I don't think you can have too many guns.
    msharley likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links