+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Cabelas.com has .22lr & 30-30 in stock - GOOD PRICES

Cowpoke
    Member #

Cabelas.com has .22lr & 30-30 in stock - GOOD PRICES

I went on Cabelas.com this morning. I purchased a 525 brick of Remington .22lr ($24) and added a box of 30-30 ($17). Shipping was $9. Total was $51 out the door.

Goes to show...there is NO NEED to pay the ridiculous/overinflated .22lr and ammo prices out there.. Goes to show that Midway's $15-18 shipping and handling charges are ridiculous as well.

Deadeye
    Member #
    Thanks for the post. Maybe sanity is finally slowly returning to the ammo market.
    river1229 likes this.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    .22LR sold out at 08:10 EDST.
    I wont be wronged, I wont be insulted, and I wont be laid a hand on. I dont do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. The Shootist (1976)

Contributing Member
    Member #

Question

River,

Do you reload any centerfire ammunition?

I think that if I was going to place an order, I would place a larger amount if I could get it (Limits on specific items.) to cover the $9. or more fee for shipping. Now, if I still LIVED where I used to live, way out in the boonies in my former state, I would utilize some online companies more because of the fuel/mileage/wear & tear and my TIME costs.

This is a smaller valley (Missoula.) so most places other than the one up by Flathead Lake are VERY close to our home and handy for us to replenish stock if we can find exactly what we want. We do not have to drive all over town or for an hour one way to get to a store. I pick up the telephone. I call the places on my list. Sometimes when MM is OUT and about - he stops on his way home from work or to work or to any other place that he is going to on that specific day.

I am glad that you found what you wanted. However with that said, telling people over and over again about not buying some things when THEY CHOOSE TO BUY IT WHEN THEY SEE IT IN STOCK is a whole other ball game. Nothing personal. I would not pay those super, super high prices that some of you see at shows or online - Gun Broker or wherever.

However, if I was a Newbie, I only owned one firearm, I had NO ammunition to FEED that one firearm and I felt as if I would never get what I needed for self defense or for my only gun (NOT plinking or hunting or competition.) - I would buy one box for $25. to $29. for a 500 bulk box of 22lr of the BRAND name that I wanted IF I could find it here in town or at a show. That is an example of what I would do if I was a Newbie and hurting as many were last winter and this spring.

Remember this fact... in some states you can't legally ORDER ammunition to be delivered to your home or business and those large/small online companies will NOT sell or ship to you too.

So those people are UP a creek without a paddle.

And no, not everyone decides to MOVE (Sell out, lose a good job, sell their house, they need to care for their elderly folks, etc.) just because of more stupid gun laws passed by dumb @@@ CONTROL FREAKS.

I do feel sorry for those people who can NO longer order ammunition online and other items too.

NOT all of those good gun and liberty minded folks vote for their state's anti gun leaders - they are caught in a trap during that time frame.
    njcioffi, RGR, sab and 1 others like this.
    Catherine

RGR
    Distinguished Master
    Fallon NV, Home base of TOPGUN, and other NAVY bad guy headaches.
    Member #
    River my friend, has it ever occurred to you, that "nothing is free"? Did it ever occur to you, that shipping rates at present, are where many companies keep the door open? Ever notice how a gimmick item on TV for "Two for 19.95" sounds like a great deal, until, "separate shipping and handling fees apply" and notice how the shipping fee is never mentioned?

Trust me, its just like a grocery store, that takes a loss on a bag of oranges, yet hikes the price on their milk. Somewhere, even if Cabelas has this ammo at a "good price" some place else, they will be making gravy on some other item.

Compare prices on components some time between all the big net houses, Midway, Cabelas, Midsouth etc, and compare their whole cost, shipping etc. Bait and switch is a common practice, just like the "deals" at an airline, where they charge extra for a carry on.

Cabelas may have had a total of two bricks total to sell, and look how many hits they got simply from your post? For sure enough, to sell those two bricks, at a "fair" price.
    Cmon buddy, as hinted elsewhere, lighten up on calling others right or wrong on how they wish to spend their ammo money.
    sab and 44-40 Willy like this.
    The USA in 2014 ...Where we keep the deathly ill elderly alive on a machine, even if they want too pass, and yet abort a million unborn babies a year, that have no vote in the matter.

Its interesting that the media calls conservative protestors, "militia" and "domestic terrorists" while world wide and in the states liberal protestors are always called "students".

Cowpoke
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by RGR View Post
    River my friend, has it ever occurred to you, that "nothing is free"? Did it ever occur to you, that shipping rates at present, are where many companies keep the door open? Ever notice how a gimmick item on TV for "Two for 19.95" sounds like a great deal, until, "separate shipping and handling fees apply" and notice how the shipping fee is never mentioned?

Trust me, its just like a grocery store, that takes a loss on a bag of oranges, yet hikes the price on their milk. Somewhere, even if Cabelas has this ammo at a "good price" some place else, they will be making gravy on some other item.

Compare prices on components some time between all the big net houses, Midway, Cabelas, Midsouth etc, and compare their whole cost, shipping etc. Bait and switch is a common practice, just like the "deals" at an airline, where they charge extra for a carry on.

Cabelas may have had a total of two bricks total to sell, and look how many hits they got simply from your post? For sure enough, to sell those two bricks, at a "fair" price.
    Cmon buddy, as hinted elsewhere, lighten up on calling others right or wrong on how they wish to spend their ammo money.
    I'll lighten up RGR... My point has been made.... although I'm sure someone...somewhere today...is going to pay some price gouging reseller $90 for the same exact brick of .22lr and continue supporting this ammo market mess. I shake my head.... Its not about "right" or "wrong." That is far too subjective of a term and concept. Its more about "smart" and... "foolish." I appreciate RGR's staunch conservative views and Darwinian philosophy. IMO, I'm OK with people being foolish...as long as they are only adversely impacting themselves. However, when people's foolishness starts adversely impacting my wallet and/or a community in general...and one of my favorite hobbies in the entire world....its time to shake things up a little. I can't just sit back and watch this situation anymore. Had to try to do my part... If I cross a few grains in the process... oh well. I'll sleep just fine tonight. I'll go shoot my reasonably priced ammo this weekend with a smile on my face. I never overpay for anything. Its a philosophy that I live by and serves me well. I have never paid 1 red cent in interest on a credit card in my life. I only utilize 0% interest credit cards and operate within my means. So to answer your question... yes, sometimes things are "free" (in a sense) if you're smart. I'm able to borrow money at 0 cost of capital. Sometimes...people simply don't know...what they don't know. They just need a little prodding and information to make better decisions. I appreciate it when people do that for me. I don't get all emotional about it.. Its about common sense and numbers... not emotions.
    Last edited by river1229; 06-18-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    river1229 thanks for sharing.

can we move on now?

Cowpoke
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodrama43 View Post
    river1229 thanks for sharing.

can we move on now?
    I sure hope so. That's exactly the point I was making. I've said my peace on the subject.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    To my weak mind, @ $24 per a 525 pack of .22s, they have already made their money. No need to overcharge on anything else. Just my opinion, everyone has one.
    river1229 and 1022 like this.
    Jack.

This I-pad knows what I want to say and how to spell better than I do. Sometimes I catch it's mistakes, sometimes I don't.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Just bought 450 rounds for $19 at local walleyworld is that about right?
    Marlin 783
    Marlin 1894
    Marlin 39A
    Marlin 60
    Marlin 1895
    Marlin XT 17

Team 39 #211
    Team 60 #115
    Team Old Pharts #107
    Team 30-30 #650
    Team Browning #52
    Team Rossi #7
    Team 45-70 #1347
    Team 22 Magnum ! #018

NRA Life Member
    Bangin Blackhawks
    Ga Marlin Owners

Peaches' Elmo's and Rosie's Dad.................

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links