+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: OK, Now I am really POed!!!!

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    Well, consider this.

There are blue hats working peacekeeping and rebuilding civil structures (especially police, through CIVPOL) in lots and lots of places. That means we (the US) doesn't, and that makes me very happy. CIVPOL has been providing both security and training in El Salvador, East Timor, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Bosnia and the Balkans as well as lesser post-conflict zomes in crappy places in Africa, south Asia, Cerntral America, and southeast Asia.

I'm real glad not see American deployments in those places on my nickel.
    defcon9, Stalker, LT and 3 others like this.
    "Most people today live in a thoughtless world that is dominated by political ideology, public opinion, and changing social and economic interests. The absence of reasoning has turned the world into a disheartening environment of ignorance, impenetrable by the forces of intellect." Sam S. Souryal

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by biku324 View Post
    But foreign deployments on your nickel are ok?

Jon
    biku324 and gunrunner like this.
    IITimothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
    In order: Marlins 1894C, Golden 39M, 1894CSS, 1894 .45 Colt, 795, 1894CL .25-20
    Team 1894 Member #29!
    Team 39 Member #18!
    Marlin League #8!!

Contributing Member
    Member #
    The sad fact is that the U.S. government can't be trusted not to do something as wild and crazy as that. If we had a government we could trust then rumors such as that one wouldn't even have a chance of getting started.
    Stalker and gunrunner like this.
    Middle aged, middle class, blue collar white guy. I hunt, fish, eat meat, wear the skins of animals for clothes and burn fossil fuels for fun and profit. Everything is my fault and I am OK with that.

Lonnie

Marlin League #36

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    "Sometimes information found on the internet isn't true." - Abraham Lincoln
    I wonder if Abe knows he said this

He made a bunch of quotes, so he probably doesn't remember all of them.
    gunrunner likes this.
    Glenfield 30A 30-30 (1980)
    Marlin 336A 35 REM (1950)
    Marlin 336RC 32 Special (1952)
    Team 30-30 #768
    Team 35 #433
    Team 32 Special #97
    Retired Army (20 years) - 1986-1990 and 1997-2013

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by capt greg View Post
    how can this be??.. this is the first Ive heard athing about this...
    I think your words embody the reaction of true Americans to so much of what our government does. They ought to be on a t-shirt. Does that mean I get a finders fee?
    gunrunner likes this.
    Well, ain't this place just a geographical oddity, two weeks from everywhere!

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Well, consider this.

There are blue hats working peacekeeping and rebuilding civil structures (especially police, through CIVPOL) in lots and lots of places. That means we (the US) doesn't, and that makes me very happy. CIVPOL has been providing both security and training in El Salvador, East Timor, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Bosnia and the Balkans as well as lesser post-conflict zomes in crappy places in Africa, south Asia, Cerntral America, and southeast Asia.

What you won't see on the news is that we have troops in most, if not all, of those places where the UN operates. We've had our own National Guard troops in Africa for years, building permanent bases for our future operations there. Our National Guard troops are still serving in Kosovo, and we still have troops serving in Iraq as we speak. Our government doesn't want the people to know how deployed our forces really are because it might make people wonder what's really going on in "world politics". We (the US) have roughly 800 military bases around the world today, and we are building more every year. Now we are deploying army brigades to the Pacific theater of operations, which extends from our west coast to Africa, and from the Bearing Sea to Antarctica. That's why it looks like Globalization or World Domination to those of us who know just how far-reaching our military truly is. And everywhere we deploy, we end up training that host nation's military and police, and our tax dollars fund all of these projects. Everyone would know this IF Obarry was as transparent as he promised back in 2008.

I'm attaching an article that sums it up pretty well by stating that the exact number of US military bases NOT in the US is highly unknown, but can be as high as 1180, and those are 2009/2010 numbers.

Military mystery: How many bases does the US have around the world, anyway? | Occasional Planet

Here are some numbers Ron Paul presented in September 2011, "900 bases in 130 countries around the world"

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...el-130-nation/
    biku324 and JACKTW like this.
    Team 30-30 #768
    Team 35 #433
    Team 32 Special #97

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by planeflyer21 View Post
    But foreign deployments on your nickel are ok?

Jon
    Nope. We pay the UN our dues unless we're twisting their arms for decisions we like in the Security Council, but I'm not interested in us carrying the load for others. Not in Europe, not in the Middle East, not in South Asia, not in Africa.

There are some decent jobs for ex-pat cops and military in CIVPOL missions, and Americans and the French get lots of those.

I am conservative in foreign affairs - that most certainly means NOT being world police. We Baby Boomers had it pumped into us through the 50s, 60s, and 70s that we had to make the world safe for democracy - that is today a load of crap that has cost us dearly in blood and treasure. With the Commies utterly discredited in 70 years from the Bolshevik Revolution, nations that want change go after it on their own form of democracy like Egypt and Syria; they'll have democracy when they're done, but we aren't gonna like their leaders.

Democracy doesn't mean everyone does things our way, and we can't afford trying to make them.
    Last edited by biku324; 02-10-2013 at 09:28 AM.
    ballistics04, LT and JACKTW like this.
    "Most people today live in a thoughtless world that is dominated by political ideology, public opinion, and changing social and economic interests. The absence of reasoning has turned the world into a disheartening environment of ignorance, impenetrable by the forces of intellect." Sam S. Souryal

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ballistics04 View Post
    What you won't see on the news is that we have troops in most, if not all, of those places where the UN operates. We've had our own National Guard troops in Africa for years, building permanent bases for our future operations there. Our National Guard troops are still serving in Kosovo, and we still have troops serving in Iraq as we speak. Our government doesn't want the people to know how deployed our forces really are because it might make people wonder what's really going on in "world politics". We (the US) have roughly 800 military bases around the world today, and we are building more every year. Now we are deploying army brigades to the Pacific theater of operations, which extends from our west coast to Africa, and from the Bearing Sea to Antarctica. That's why it looks like Globalization or World Domination to those of us who know just how far-reaching our military truly is. And everywhere we deploy, we end up training that host nation's military and police, and our tax dollars fund all of these projects. Everyone would know this IF Obarry was as transparent as he promised back in 2008.

I'm attaching an article that sums it up pretty well by stating that the exact number of US military bases NOT in the US is highly unknown, but can be as high as 1180, and those are 2009/2010 numbers.

Military mystery: How many bases does the US have around the world, anyway? | Occasional Planet

Here are some numbers Ron Paul presented in September 2011, "900 bases in 130 countries around the world"

PolitiFact | Ron Paul says U.S. has military personnel in 130 nations and 900 overseas bases
    We do have troops in all kinds of places - just the DoD bedget request list some 172 permanent bases in foreign countries. I'm a little tired of paying for those, too.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    We do have troops in all kinds of places - just the DoD bedget request list some 172 permanent bases in foreign countries. I'm a little tired of paying for those, too.
    Makes 2 of us. All these countries want is our money, and anything else we are willing to give to them for free. We build all kinds of facilities for their government officials, military and police to use, and they will never use those facilities for what they were intended for. They can't afford to maintain those facilites, which is especially bad for those who don't take care of what they have. I've been inside Afghan Governor's compounds where there is a greater danger in stepping in human feces than dog feces. They have outhouse facilites with burn barrels under them but they would rather squat in the open to do their business. What a nasty bunch they are!
    Team 30-30 #768
    Team 35 #433
    Team 32 Special #97

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Nope. We pay the UN our dues unless we're twisting their arms for decisions we like in the Security Council, but I'm not interested in us carrying the load for others. Not in Europe, not in the Middle East, not in South Asia, not in Africa.

There are some decent jobs for ex-pat cops and military in CIVPOL missions, and Americans and the French get lots of those.

I am conservative in foreign affairs - that most certainly means NOT being world police. We Baby Boomers had it pumped into us through the 50s, 60s, and 70s that we had to make the world safe for democracy - that is today a load of crap that has cost us dearly in blood and treasure. With the Commies utterly discredited in 70 years from the Bolshevik Revolution, nations that want change go after it on their own form of democracy like Egypt and Syria; they'll have democracy when they're done, but we aren't gonna like their leaders.

Democracy doesn't mean everyone does things our way, and we can't afford trying to make them.

And it appears we still haven't learned that lesson...
    Never judge anyone by the color of their skin... unless their spray tan looks really bad

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links