+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Bank of Amerika

Site Contributor - Team Marlin Express Capt'n Super Moderator
    Member #

Bank of Amerika

I received an email today from one of my friends here on the forum. The email said that Bank of America told McMillin they will no longer work with McMillin because of being in the gun business. I'm always leary of emails with stories like that so I called McMillin a few minutes ago and it is TRUE. Bank of America went to McMillin on Apr, 19th 2012 for what McMillin thought was a routine meeting and got the news.

I have a Bank of Amerika credit card that as soon as I get home is being closed. They can KMA!

I drug around an M40A1 rifle in the early 1980's, and ya know what kind of stock it had on it? Yep those camo fiberglass stocks on the M40A1 rifles were all McMillin stocks.
    Last edited by big medicine; 01-21-2013 at 11:06 AM.
    Festus and hogbear like this.
    IN MEMORY OF PFC JEFFREY ALAN AVERY, 571st MP CO, KILLED IN ACTION 23 APR 07, AGE 19, MUQUDADIYAH, IRAQ.

Wrangler
    Member #
    Yep- time to put our $ where our mouth is. If this is true me and my mrs will be relocating our accounts.
    biku324 likes this.
    Team 444 Member #487

444SS

"Nothing is impossible - to the idiot that doesn't have to do it'
    - me

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigun View Post
    Yep- time to put our $ where our mouth is. If this is true me and my mrs will be relocating our accounts.
    I did call, I won't pass on emails or make an accusation like that without making a few phone calls to see for myself. I would encourage anyone to call McMillin for themselves to verify the truth.
    IN MEMORY OF PFC JEFFREY ALAN AVERY, 571st MP CO, KILLED IN ACTION 23 APR 07, AGE 19, MUQUDADIYAH, IRAQ.

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    I don't do business with these people anyway. Use your local credit unions to avoid these 'too big to fail' predators!
    neptune, Pops 36A and Moondoggie like this.
    "It's still too prolix." - ex-Pfc Wintergreen

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    +1 on BOA CAN KMA!
    biku324 likes this.
    "You can't miss fast enough to win a gunfight", Bill Jordan

Super Moderator
    Member #
    My wife used to work in the corporate office of Placer Sierra Bank. While B of A, Wells Fargo, Washington Mutual, etc. were creating the sub-prime mortgage crisis Placer built a solid asset portfolio and they're locations grew several fold. Then, the banking crisis came. A couple years into it Placer Sierra sold to Wells Fargo who bought it solely for their solid assets to hedge against their failing sub-prime filled portfolio. My wife learned much about banking while working in the corporate culture. She told me several years ago: Bank of America is anything but American. I believe that includes the big five too based on their involvment in the sub-prime crisis.

We bank with a local credit union to keep our money local, we also shop local at every opportunity for the same reason. If everyone did this the too-big-to-fails would fail.
    Last edited by JACKTW; 01-21-2013 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Clarification of sub-prime crisis

Deadeye
    East TN, Smoky Mtns. and the Cherokee Nat'l Forrest
    Member #
    RON
    Team 45-70 Member #197
    Team 39 Member #48
    Team Browning #44

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE FOUGHT FOR IT FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW.

Member #
    The date that article was published was 2010. The ILA should contact them again to see if their "policy" has changed.

Gunfighter
    Member #
    When words and actions come into conflict, go with the actions.
    44-40 Willy likes this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I quit doing business with BOA years ago for something different but no less absurd. Guys, put your money where your mouth is and drop BOA like a hot rock.
    Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links