Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Convert 1895G round to Octagon........Finished

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  just plain bill 
#1 ·
FINISHED!!!!!!

Took me three hours to get the old barrel off. I didn't want to damage it and I simply could't stop it from turning in the barrel vise. So I cut a piece of HSS to fit in the rear sight dovetail and a piece pf flat bar stock on the flat where the magazine tube lives. A few hits on the action wrench handle with a rubber mallet, and BANG! It was off.....

The rest was easy. The octagon barrel I bought from Jon headspaced perfectly. Here's a few pictures, better pictures tomorrow........

I cut the barrel at 24", at first I wanted a 22" barrel, but at 24" I can always cut more later.

I used Willians "Fire Sights".....I have them on my 1894CB and I like em'......Crowned the barrel in the lathe and drilled a hole in the front sight cover for more light gathering....

The rear sight slipped right in...

The top of the receiver had a few nasty scratches and I never liked the look of the "flat-top" so I took a fike to it, bead blasted it and blued it.....

I think it looks good with the short magazine tube....

More Pictures Here............

http://public.fotki.com/Rberta...o-bang/marlin-1895g/

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.