Marlin Firearms Forum banner

How do you keep track of your collection??

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  44-40 Willy 
#1 ·
Was wondering how you guys keep track of your collection.I am currently using Microsoft Spreadsheet to catalog my collection as it grows.It took me forever to get everything I currently have cataloged so I can gow back for a quick reference to see what I have so far.

#3 ·
Keep track? That's gonna be tough, until I do a thorough inventory, catalog it in the computer, build a new display case (or two......or three), and then figure out how and where to display it.

Aside from that, it'll be a snap! ;D

#5 ·
I keep all the info in my brain ;D and the little box I keep my shells in. I was keeping them in a jelly jar, but their were to many of them stuffed in there and they started getting dents in them from the rims of other shells.

#6 ·
I think it's traditional to put small collectibles in an old cigar box. I don't have any, but something about the same size is the box from the Lee Powder measures. I have about a dozen, all full of brass, loaded rounds, and collectable duplicates, scattered all over. I can find anything I need in a matter of weeks, given a train of though that doesn't derail, a clean pair of reading glasses, and a good flashlight!

#8 ·
JBledsoe said:
It's easy, just send them off to PapaJohn. Let him keep track of them. ;D
Remember that scene at the end of the first Indiana Jones movie, of the government warehouse, where they took the Ark? That's what my living room is starting to look like....thanks to Mr. Bledsoe, and a few others!

#9 ·
I am a worthless note taker, so a couple years ago I started entering all my loading and shooting data into an Excel Spreadsheet as soon as I get home from the shooting range. So I simply added a work book to that same spreadsheet for my ammo collection. Not a very “sexy” way to track them to be sure…… but since I don’t have the brain power, or at least the spare mental capacity to keep it all in my head, it will have to do for now! ;D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.