Am I the only one who......

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

....is about to throw the nearest handy object through the ol' boobtube screen. The idea of posting the score and status of a sporting event in a neat little box on the periphery of the screen so you can immediately keep abreast of the game is nothing short of ingenious. BUT IT AGGRAVATES ME BEYOND BELIEF WHEN THE STATION OR NETWORK PERMANENTLY DISPLAYS ITS #@&*!%ING LOGO RIGHT OVER THE BOX AND PREVENTS YOU FROM SEEING THE SCORE. Worse than that is when a news broadcast gets to the sports section and that same #@&*!%ing logo appears precisely over every score as it comes up and prevents you from seeing the exact subject they're discussing at the moment. Apparently, advertising and marketing is a higher priority than the quality of the actual product in this bass ackwards economy. And yet the auto dealership that attempted to permanently mount its logo on my newly purchased vehicle took umbrage to my objection to advertizing for it without compensation. By the way, this post was brought to you by a contankerous old curmudgeon.
    Some profess that they "aim to please". On the contrary, it pleases me to aim.

Wrangler
    Member #

Geez, just unplug the tube! It's not worth the frustation. Me and a guy friend and a gal friend went out to the beach today and had coffee and dessert soaking up rays and feeling some HEAT! It was glorious!

But we had to leave after three hours 'cuz the guy friend had to go watch a ball game. . . .

MEN. :?

. . . actually the gal friend got hungry which is why I had to leave too 'cuz I was her ride. Otherwise nothing could have dragged me off that beach!

So, Retro, you're a cantankerous ol' curmudgeon 'cuz you watch TV! Unplug! Tune Out! You'll be much happier, trust me!
    gt;&lt)))*> ~~~*~~~ Don't Feed the TROLLS ~~~*~~~ <*))))><
    Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. ~~~ Dave von Kleist

Certified Gunnut
    Member #

March Madness. It's an incurable desease the majority of Americans have and there is no cure for it. It'll start to get better in the next week and be fine by mid month. Life is good, BestLver
    Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us." Life is good, BestLever

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

The point is: UNBRIDLED ADVERTIZING.
    Television networks and stations perpetually post their logos on the screen and frequently the logo hides the very information viewers tune in to that station to see. Are you all such properly programmed consumers that you just accept this as the way it should be? That is apparently the case when you consider the number of people who knock each other's heads off to be the first one into stores on sale days to buy clothing with manufacturer logos on them so they can wear these clothes around and be exploited by the manufacturers for free advertizing. Then there are the people who sell their very bodies to companies to advertize via tattoos. Is there nothing more important than advertizing? Wouldn't surprise me to hear that somebody names their newborn, "corporate greed".
    Some profess that they "aim to please". On the contrary, it pleases me to aim.

Site Contibutor Super Moderator
    Member #

I guess the best thing you can do is not watch that station. If enough folks feel as you do their ratings will drop & when they find out why they'll put a stop to it.
    You might not like it but advertizing is the only reason we have tv in the first place. If they got no advertizing $s then most people couldn't likely afford television at all. Like Nomer said, get out & enjoy the world!
    Personally I have about zero interest in pro sports. I usually watch Discovery or the history channel & pick my nose during commercials. :shock: :lol:
    Ken,

http://photobucket.com/albums/a186/Leverdude/
    Team 1894 member#146
    Team 45/70 member#458
    Freedoms not free!
    Support your NRA!

Gunfighter
    Member #

Nomer, go hug another tree.

Personally I'd rather hug a NMP

TV ain't evil. I'm hoping there's another Bonanza marathon on soon cause I'm gonna curl up on the couch with a NMP and hot chocolate next time one comes around.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links