+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Camp 9 trigger group breakdown and rebuild

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Re: Camp 9 trigger group breakdown and rebuild

hello. is there any way of replacing the trigger return spring without breaking down the entire assembly? thanks
    choochoo52 and groovy mike like this.

Wrangler
    Member #

Re: Camp 9 trigger group breakdown and rebuild

You will have to take off the left side plate, FIRST -

use a paper clip to pin the hole at the end of the Hammer Strut.

Release the hammer by holding the hammer and pressing on the trigger. THis will press the strut spring on the paper clip and hold the spring on the strut.

remove the Hammer pivot pin retaining ring (snap ring) then the left side plate

remove the strut spring/strut/strut bridge assembly (held in place by the paper clip)

Remove the return spring pin (#67) replace the hammer return spring- reinsert pin - remember that the spring goes on top of the trigger end piece.

attach the strut spring while putting the left side place back in place.

install the Hammer pivot pin retaining ring (snap ring that holds the left side plate in place).

Pull the hammer back until it locks.

remove the paper clip..
    Last edited by Mush; 05-22-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Mush,
    thank you, that was all alot of work. i do gun repairs and could not have fogured out how this bag gun went back together without you.
    hal
    choochoo52 likes this.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Thanks for the info. My Camp 9 developed a burr on the mag disconnect, and would not allow mags to seat in the well. Your instructions made the repair doable and successful.
    Last edited by jcjw; 01-29-2012 at 04:58 PM.
    choochoo52 likes this.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Mush,

Your instructions, complete with pictures, is terrific. Especially your comments regarding the frequently broken and must be replaced Hammer Strut, spring and bridge.

This is a classic. Thank you for your time and desire to put this together for others to benefit.

THANK YOU!

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Camp 9 Sear Spring Picture

In this thread the question came up if the Camp 9 sear spring is wider at one end than the other. I took a picture of mine, and it does appear to be wider at one end than the other. Now if I can figure out how to upload the picture to this forum, we're in business.

Camp 9 Sear Spring.JPG
    Cheers

Deadeye
    Member #
    nails of the diameter to closely match the pin holes will do OK as assembly pins. round off the point some with a stone.
    for the trigger pin a snug fitting nail is helpful as this is the trickiest pieces to get back together
    leave out the magt disconnect parts to help the trigger pull a bit. you'll have to use a washer as a spcer in place of the 'U' shaped or 'fork' shaped part next to the hammer. make sure you use a washer with matching diameter it's got to be small so the strut will clear it.
    kudos to Mush for his fotos and tips also.

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Post Camp 9 won't cock

It appears that you are extremly well versed in the Camp 9. I have replaced the buffer on mine, but now it will not cock. I don't know if replacing the buffer is the cause. I purchased the weapon many years ago to use on duty, but it has been sitting in the safe for a long time without use. I would appreciate any assistance that you can provide.
    groovy mike likes this.

Deadeye
    Member #
    hammer spring and/or strut/bridge?
    Xxx likes this.

Wrangler
    Member #
    Need a little more info.

You say it won't cock - - does the bolt handle move back when you pull on it?

If the bolt handle moves back are you saying the hammer will not lock into place?

Maybe take the trigger guard off the reciever and see if any parts don't look in place. If it looks OK then try to cock the hammer and pull the trigger for hammer release. Remember you may need a magazine in the well for the magazine safety to release the trigger. Also with your right thumb press down on the Trigger Block (part 68 ) (see yellow arrow in picture) before moving the trigger with index finger - While holding the hammer with your other thumb. Watch the hammer - because the spring is strong......
    Also look for broken pieces of the recoil buffer gumming up the trigger parts...

Press here to release trigger.JPG
    Last edited by Mush; 05-31-2012 at 11:54 AM. Reason: more stuff...

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links