+ Reply to Thread

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Lodge Iron Sale-Fleet Farm

The Mrs. just opened up the Fleet Farm weekly ad flyer in the Saint Paul Sunday paper. Fleet Farm is selling the Lodge Cast Iron Cookware at 20% off! The 12" deep camp style dutch oven I bought Friday is now $39.83, that seams darn cheap vs. the mail order/internet offers.

Hairy

Platinum Poster
    Member #

Re: Lodge Iron Sale-Fleet Farm

Good Deal
    Gunjunkie..

"Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Team 1894 Co-Captain Super Moderator
    Member #

That is a great price as the same oven here sells in the $55.00 area. Did they have other sizes on sale too? If so, you might consider getting two different sizes as you'll surely want one later.

bjm
    bjm

5 Rules for Happiness
    free your heart from hatred ... free your mind from worries ... live simply ... give more ... expect less

Team 1894 ... member #2
    Team 35 ... member #15
    Team 39 ... member #9
    Team 60 ... member #36
    Team 444 ... member #498
    Team .45/70 ... member #687
    Team Marlin Express ... member #60
    Team Shotgun ... member #8
    Marlin League ... member #7
    Utah Marlinowners -http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/groups/
    Member of the Guide Gun and Outfitter Owners Association

Sidewinder
    Member #

That's close to what they used to sell for a few years ago when I got mine. Just recently Amazon.com was advertising the 12 inch deep version for over a hundred bucks! If they've got the other sizes, you may want to get the 12 inch deep, the 12 inch regular (they call those a "bread oven" on some websites that cater to the cast iron cooking crowd) and a 10 incher. What's the 14 inch deep going for? That one would be big enough to cook a prime rib in for the family at Christmas. I have one (bought before the prices went skyrocketing). Don't use it much, but one time impressed the hell out of the guests at a back yard party by cooking a half-ham in it--my first DO try. The phone rang, I went in the house to answer it, talked about 5 minutes, came back out, and all there was left on the picnic table was a dish with a bone on it. Everybody was raving about that ham. They never even left me a taste!

Site Contributor Gun Wizard
    Member #

Thats a good price on the 12" DO you better get it. Jlcombi, Your post reminds reminds me of the time I barbecued ribs for 25 people and diddent even get a bite.
    "a little rebellion now and then is a good thing"
    -Thomas Jefferson 1787.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Jefferson

Sidewinder
    Member #

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo
    Thats a good price on the 12" DO you better get it. Jlcombi, Your post reminds reminds me of the time I barbecued ribs for 25 people and diddent even get a bite.
    Damned guests in the backyard anyway, Gonzo. But at least they bring beer and other spiritual beverages to share. Mine did, anyhow. That helped me see better while I stood there staring at a bare hambone. One guest even ran out and bought himself a Dutch oven later. I don't know how he made out with it, but he had aspirations of doing a small prime rib in it. He bought a 10 inch DO from Cabelas. Kind of small for prime rib, I think. That's one cut of meat I haven't tried to do yet--but I'll probably opt for using the 14 inch deep next time I see a decent price on a standing rib roast.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links