+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Camp 9 Parts

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Camp 9 Parts

Ten years ago I bought a Camp 9 and have run about 300 rounds through it.

Yesterday I broke it down for the first time and discovered that the buffer was almost completley gone. Hard to believe it was still working.

I also found that what I think is called the Hammer Strut Bridge, is broken on one side and bent.

Can someone please advise the following:

1- Replacement manufacturer for the buffer.

2- Replacement for the Hammer Strut Bridge and was there some sort of retaining pin holding the Bridge to the Hammer Strut as mine just fell out on the bench on disassembly? My parts breakdown does not show one.

3- I see there are some upgradeable springs for this rifle. Any advantage of the 21lb spring over the 16lb spring? Any disadvantages.?

Any tune up advice will be appreciated.

Thanks for your replies.
    DD

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Camp 9 Parts

Check out www.blackjackbuffers.com
    I've been told to get the 16 lb spring for the Camp 9 and the 21 lb for the Camp .45.
    I've got a 16 lb on the way. I also ordered two BlackJack buffers and got them in about 4 days.
    My original buffer was broken in half when I checked it.

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Re: Camp 9 Parts

Quote Originally Posted by glowplug50
    Ten years ago I bought a Camp 9 and have run about 300 rounds through it.

Yesterday I broke it down for the first time and discovered that the buffer was almost completley gone. Hard to believe it was still working.

I also found that what I think is called the Hammer Strut Bridge, is broken on one side and bent.

2- Replacement for the Hammer Strut Bridge and was there some sort of retaining pin holding the Bridge to the Hammer Strut as mine just fell out on the bench on disassembly? My parts breakdown does not show one.

3- I see there are some upgradeable springs for this rifle. Any advantage of the 21lb spring over the 16lb spring? Any disadvantages.?

Any tune up advice will be appreciated.

Thanks for your replies.
    DD

Ok, I have exactly the same problem.
    Concerning to the sock buffer, I will try de blackjack.
    But what about the hammer strut bridge?
    Where to buy another one?
    Help, please....

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

Re: Camp 9 Parts

1. You can order original replacement buffers from Marlin (yes they stock them again, filled my order 3 months ago), MidwayUSA, Numrich, and possibly Brownells. Blackjack has the most well known replacement buffer. Keep a spare or two on hand.

2. No idea on replacement method. Numrich has the bridge in stock, Marlin might be able to hook you up with one as well.

3. Wolff Gunsprings (and stocking dealers) have the replacement recoil springs. Stock is 11lbs. 9mm replacement is recommended at 16.5lbs. 45 replacement is recommended at 21lbs. The 16.5 does a fine job with most 9mm loads including soft target loadings. Be wary of hot (+P and +P+) loads or that HOT Nato stuff that was around a few years back. I highly recommend a new buffer in combination with a heavier spring. It'll save alot of wear and tear on the rifle. It also seemingly reduces the occurence of stock cracks from recoil/bolt slam. The springs are cheap enough I'd pick up both weights and play with switching them around. Cycling the bolt with the 21lb'er does get a bit difficult for lighter shooters, if that's a consideration.

4. MecGar magazines for the Smith and Wesson Model 59 work perfectly. 17 and 20rnd versions. The 17 sticks out 3/8" past magwell. The 20 goes another inch past that. CDNN has them for under $25 each.

Quote Originally Posted by glowplug50

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links