Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Need a little help

591 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  eoyguy 
#1 ·
#3 · (Edited)
1 in 9 rifling twist for the barrel likely makes it a PTAC upper and they are for the most part garbage,PSA uppers are 1 in 7 I believe.
PSA has a sale right now on an PSA upper for $319 but without the charging handle and BCG. Before you buy anything read up some and here is the best place to start and ask questions. And any upper will fit on any AR15 lower if it's in spec.

I have been a member there for years and a great bunch of guys and girls in the tech forums. AR15.Com - Your Firearm Resource. (AR-15, AR-10, M4 Carbine, M16, H&K, SIG, FNH, FAL, AK-47, 50 Cal, M1/M1A, Handgun, Pistol, Training, Hunting, and More!) There's quite a few of us ARFCOMERS here on Marlin owners because they don't have a very useful Lever action rifle forum.

Edit to add - I never even looked that we have a Black rifle forum here.:hmmmm: :biggrin:

#7 ·
PSA makes some nice uppers. I just sold one that if it had BCM marked on it,would have cost $100 more. Mine was a 14.7 pinned with a cold hammer forged barrel, chrome lined, particle insptected with a 1/7 twist. They have different levels, though, so pay attention to the specs. Some are chrome lined, some are not. They also do 1/9 twist barrels. To me, for most people, the difference in 1/9 and 1/7 means nothing, since either can stabilize the most commonly used ammo. The biggest issue with PSA is that a lot of their stuff is sold out for long periods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.