+ Reply to Thread

Sidewinder
    Member #

Used Knight LK-93 muzzleloader - Anyone have one? Recommmend it?

Have a beautiful Pedersoli sidelock .54 that is great in the woods, but joined a deer lease last year on which about 500 of the 700 acres is open or crop fields. Presented me with a lot of long shots this year that were beyond my ethical, and self imposed, range limit with open sights. Am considering picking up an inexpensive in-line for the days I hunt the edges. Will have to save some woods time for the sidelock though.

Saw a used Knight LK-93 .50 cal in very nice shape for $50 locally. No accessories, but I have most of what I need except the breech plug removal tool ($30 part from Knight).

Any opinions/experience with this gun?

At $80 with the tool and then putting a scope base, rings and decent scope on it, I should be able to stay under $200.

Thoughts?
    Team .35 #274
    Team .444 #429

Deadeye
    Member #
    That's an older Knight model, but should be decent. The price is really good given "very nice shape" -- really good.

Wrangler
    Member #
    I don't have an LK-93, but I do have an MK-85. I believe they have the exact same action. My MK-85 has a grey laminated stock and is stainless. It originally used percussion caps, but then I bought a conversion kit so I could use 209 shogun primers. I first have to put the 209 primer in a red plastic primer holder before I can use it. Not a big deal, just a little inconvenience. My Knight was made in Centerville, Iowa. The craftsmanship is excellent and it is very accurate. It even has a Timney trigger. The biggest drawback to the open action style is that soot from the percussion cap or 209 primer gets all over the action and the bottom side of the scope. I made a shield out of a piece of plastic milk jug to protect the bottom of the scope. I am not sure which breech plug you will get, but before you spend $30 on a breech plug tool check and see if you can use a 3/8 or 1/4 inch drive socket with an extension. The LK-93 looks like a cheaper version of the MK-85. However, I suspect it will function and shoot perfectly fine. The most important thing to check on a used muzzleloader is the condition of the bore. If the exterior of the action and the barrel show corrosion then I would be concerned that the bore was also neglected. If the exterior looks excellent then shine a flashlight into the bore. Good luck with your purchase. I would say it is a buyers market on older style inline muzzleloaders. However, I can't imagine how you will ever find one cheaper than $50.

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    I have 2 that came out set up for #11 caps which are real pains in the arse. Figure on having to switch over to 209 which will run you $60-$75 bucks

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Its decent I had one and that price is decent

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links