Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Twelve-year-old Shoots 27-point 229-pound Monster Buck in MN

5K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  LDB415 
#1 ·
:congrats:

#2 ·
He just as well leave the bullets at home from now on... Aside from being out in the field with family and friends and hunting for meat, there just isn't much more left for him to accomplish from the standpoint of trophies, is there?

Congratulatins to the kid...

#5 ·
I am very happy for that young man. But at the same time, perhaps a tad sad as well. It makes me wonder if the "thrill" of the hunt will remain with him for many, many more years. After all, we all do "it" for fun and the idea we might some day take a real monster ourselves along with enjoying, at times, the company of other hunters. Of course, if he simply loves venison, he may still be good to go!! :biggrin:

#10 ·
I don't hug trees and I'm pretty sure you don't want my guns the one way anyone will ever get them. That deer is like Old Sam but unfortunately doesn't have the same opportunity. It would be one thing if it had been hunted but you can just about guarantee it wasn't hunted, it was lured and sniped. That isn't hunting and the snipers aren't hunters any more than BHO is an NRA life member and board member.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.