+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Parker Bows!

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

Parker Bows!

I see these parker bows at Cabela's all the time. Are they a good bow for the money? I saw 70# at my drawlength ( 30.5 to 31) on sale. Any ever shot one/hunted with one? Just curious.
    Genesis 3:21 ...God, the first Furrier.

Deadeye
    Member #

Re: Parker Bows!

A friend of mine asked me to come along with him to look at and try the Parker bows.
    i gladly joined him and I was impressed.I am a Mathews fanatic but in my opinion the Parker bows are very nice and made well.My friend bought the Parker and he is very happy with the bow.SS

Member #

What poundage did he get and is it easy to draw? This one is a 70# , it didn't say 60-70, just "70", does that mean it "doesn't have any adjustment at all?

Deadeye
    Member #

I don't remember what model he has but I know it is a 60 pound.I would not purchase a bow without trying it,unless you have had previous experience with that bow.Many things have to be considered when buying a bow.Everyone is different and you must be comfortable with the bow or else it will be useless.I have a 70 pound bow and several 60 pound bows(compounds)and though I can shoot the 70 pound just fine,I favor the 60 pound bows.Don't get hung up on that power and speed thing.If you like that Parker then get one that is right for you,because only you know what feels right and what fits you.When I say "fits",I mean the correct draw length,comfortable draw weight,and overall weight of the bow.Hold the bow(fully equipped) at arms length for 10 seconds and see if you get tired or start shaking,if you do, the bow is to heavy for you.I see guys walk into the shop with a bow they got from their cousin, or whoever,claiming they could make 80 yard shots.We set up a target and let them shoot and they can't hit the bag at 15 yards.They are shooting bows that are 3 or 4 inches to long and they are pulling way to much weight.After they are set up with the correct bow that fits them,they shoot much better.Find a store that carries Parker,and get fitted the right way.Good luckand enjoy.SS

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

My brother (who is also a preacher) shot a Parker for years. The only issue he had was the continued tunning of the twin cams. The bow was very accurate and reasonably fast but significantly noisier than the parallel limb Mathews. He eventually sold it and went to a Mathews.

Member #

I like Matthews, just thought I would check on this one. I was intrigued, but one gets what one pays for. Thanks guys.

Deadeye
    Member #

I have always liked the Hoyt bows as well.I have shot them in the store but I have not owned one yet.They are nice bows.And those PSE bows,they are cool for sure.When I was considering my Mathews Monster,I was looking at the Omen in black,and it was close.It is tough to choose a bow because we have alot of choices.SS

dch
    Marlin Marksman
    Member #

parker for the price your getting a good bow just my 2 cents.

Tenderfoot
    Member #

I have an older Parker Extreme Hunter Mag about 5 years old, the only complaint i have is that it is a little louder than some of the other bows my friends have, (mathews and bear). For the price though I am extremly pleased with it, I dont shoot or hunt with a quiver on so the bow is extremly light, and plenty fast. I'm not saying it is on the same level with a mathews but for the hunting woods I think one will fit the bill nicely, if you find one that fits you well and is comfortable. As far as adjustability mine goes from 60-70#s

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links