Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Sight compatability

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  kd115 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello, I have found a set of sights that I really like, and plan on trying out on a GBL.
I was wondering if anyone has used these front and rear sights together on a marlin 1895?
I've searched the forum, but haven't been able to find anything that would determine if they will work together or not.
The rear is the marbles bullseye sight.
Bullseye Rear Sight 2-3/4 Double Step Elevator .338 to .535 Height Blue
and the front is the KNS crosshair sight.
Sight 3/8 Dovetail Hooded .425 High Duplex Reticle Matte
the front sight has a 3/8" dovetail. Will this fit in the factory front ramp? I've found a few people claim that the front ramp has a bigger dovetail?
Does anyone know if the factory front ramp has a 3/8" dovetail or not?

I think this combo would be awesome for whitetail.

Thanks for any input!

#3 ·
I thought I'd post an update.
I shot my GBL with a basic short skinner rear peep, with the factory front sight this weekend.
I used a few different loads.
I shot some 405 cast with 12gr up to 14 gr unique and some 405 cast with reloader 7 starting at 38grains.
All loads were shooting pretty high for me say 8-10 inches.
So I switched the front sight out for the KNS crosshair sight. It is the short version at .425".
All loads then shot pretty low, 18 inches low or there abouts.
I screwed the peep stem up as high as I could, with it still being held in place with the set screw and it brought the loads up to about 6 inches low.
All of these loads were shot at 50 yards.

I'm waiting for a longer stem for the peep sight and I'll post back after I shoot it.
I really like the ease of aligning the sights with the KNS front with the skinner rear.
BUT, the front sight may block a bit too much target, on game animals anyway. I plan on using it for awhile this year and see how it goes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.