Marlin Firearms Forum banner

The new 2012 Henry .45-70 Rifles

49K views 102 replies 56 participants last post by  beretzs 
#1 ·
I was looking at the 45-70 Henry rifle Not bad at all.:congrats: What you say:questionmark:

T:hmmmm:NY

#98 ·
Likely too old to ever buy a Henry, and not much for unproven manufactures.

Been a RUGER fan for many years, but they were already a proven company by the time I bought into them in the early 60s.

So, don't think I'll be around long enough to ever buy into a Henry and surely NEVER into a Rossi or Tarus.

I'll let other folk ring em out and I'll just totter along and watch the results from the wings.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

#99 ·
If it's anything like the .30-30, it's a very nice USA made alternative indeed. I'm actually warming up to the tube fed idea. If one of those pesky little loading gate screws ever breaks in the field, your hosed unless you can get the gate out of the action. Then you're still down to a single shot rifle. I'm very interested in one myself.

#101 ·
Rather have a marlin, but its better than a Remlin. I like the fact that it comes with ghost rings, but it seems too "thin" when I hold it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.