Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By achildofthesky
  • 1 Post By BFPGW
  • 1 Post By BFPGW

Thread: Williams FP Target Knobs

Wrangler
    Member #

Williams FP Target Knobs

Can you add target knobs to a standard FP sight, or do you have to order one with knobs? I already own 4 FP's. Would be nice to be able to convert.

Gunfighter
    Member #

Re: Williams FP Target Knobs

I believe you can. Check with Brownells or the like to check and see if they are available... I am wanting to try just that sight...

Be safe
    Patty
    buckweet likes this.
    quote: "It is always preferable to be the stomper than the stompee"

Deadeye
    Member #

Brownell's sell's target knobs for the Williams FP.They have long and short elevation knobs,and long and short windage knobs.They also have gib lock screws.This is a knurled knob that replaces the elevation lock screw.All the sights for Marlins take the short windage screw.I had to get a long target elevation screw for my 39A and one other 336 after I put a Lyman globe front sight on.The others I got by with a short elevation screw.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Site Contributor Super Moderator
    Member #

I got mine from Brownells. They still sell them. I got the elevation knob and lock screw knob for it. I skipped the windage knobs. I don't shoot far enough for wind to make a large difference to need to adjust it when shooting at the range and there is no time when hunting to adjust it anyway.
    buckweet likes this.
    Jeff

"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."
    Willard Duncan Vandiver

"Trouble with you is you don't enjoy the game for its own rewards: stimulation, relaxation, pleasant association, and interesting conversation." Paul Regret

Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Member #

I have ordered them from Brownells and I believe I ordered a set from midwayUSA a couple of years back.
    Life NRA
    USN-Iron Men on wooden Ships, minesweepers.
    MSO 488 and MSO437
    Team 45-70 #394
    Team 39 #96
    Team 60 #35
    Team Old Pharts #44 "Pharty-Four"
    Life member RMEF
    American Legion

Team 45/70 Co-Capt'n Contributing Member
    Member #

I'll have to check, but it makes me wonder if it's cheaper to buy the 5D and knobs then getting the Foolproof. Just curious.
    Lou

Quote...
    "Marlin is gone forever. All that remains is the Trademark Marlin name that someone put's on their inferior products!" LEVER ADDICT

Team 45-70 #3 Team 44-40 #5
    Team 35 #327 Team 30-30 #340
    Team 38-55 #2 Team 1894 #273

Wrangler
    Member #

Curious, does it take tools to adjust the elevation with target knobs? Are the clicks of adjustment reliable for various ranges, like they are with the Marble's tang sights? Oh, re-read and I see that you will want gib screw to replace the set screw. Sounds like I should just order the short and long elevation screws from the get go to see what works best. I cant tell you how long I go between installing a peep and having it sighted in. Always seem to need a different front sight height. Go to the range, figure out how far off I am and then order a new front sight. Takes weeks sometimes.

Site Contributor Super Moderator
    Member #

The FP has micrometer click adjusters. The 5D is smooth as far as I know. Not sure.

It takes a flat blade screwdriver to unlock the lock screws to adjust. You can leave them a little off-tight and adjust with knobs but it might put undue wear on the micrometer adjuster system if the locks aren't loosened more. Just my guess. That's why I bought the knob screw for the elevation adjuster lock.

The FP sits really low on the receiver compared to a WGRS. My FP on my 1895CB has a lot of elevation adjustment down left after I sighted in for some pretty flat shooting LE ammo. My reloads need more elevation. I doubt you will need a higher front sight just because you added the FP. Probably the same for the 5D.
    buckweet likes this.
    Jeff

"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."
    Willard Duncan Vandiver

"Trouble with you is you don't enjoy the game for its own rewards: stimulation, relaxation, pleasant association, and interesting conversation." Paul Regret

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links